I DESERVE this holiday!! How bout you?

Today I just booked a Panama Canal cruise on the Jewel of the Seas Oct next year for me and my son. Woohooo!

It's been a helluva start to 2014 but today means things are looking up. I struggled to get together the funds as some life event would eat away into them but I persevered and finally... yay deposit down!

With all the hard work that we do in this crazy everyday life of ours I think it important to remember that we actually deserve to treat ourselves once in awhile! So bugger it... the fence repainting can wait... the bathroom renos can wait... the broken garage door can wait.

What are you putting on hold so you can have a much needed and deserved holiday too?

Edited by razzledee
grammar

BTW your pic. Are they all black labbies? They are so cute!!!

Yes they're our boys - we're down to two at the moment though - all pedigree black male Labradors - all are ex Guide Dog puppies we bought up from 8 weeks to 14 months who didn't make it through training - so they came back to us. The littlest one has returned to Guide Dogs for training

It's a great time of life isn't it - kids off your hands - time for some "my time" and enjoying yourself - we've begun spending our child's inheritance :D

In your case it's nice to see you'll be taking your son on this cruise with you - I think you're going to notice some changes in those 24 years :)

Looks like a nice itinerary - interesting place to disembark - Puerto Rico - I guess you fly to the US from there to head back?

Edited by Bodogbodog

Thought I'd change my profile pic so you can see my 3. All are rescue dogs. I also foster dogs as well. Have lost count of how many I've had over the last few years.

And yes no doubt some changes! Definitely not the bucket Fairstar was lolol.

My son will never fly from the nest. He has Asperger's and Epilepsy so he's stuck with me for awhile. He's excited about going on this trip too. This RCI ship looks like there's more to do for someone his age than other lines that also do the canal.

hmmm for some reason the pic hasn't update my end.

I got caught with one too once - go to User CP and choose Edit Your Avatar and load your pic in that setting

Does the pic meet the size specs that CC require

Even though 559 days seems a long time away it will fly - and as I said to my wife the other day - if it's a tough day at work I just think about my next cruise!

Edited by Bodogbodog

Actually it doesn't seem that long... not when I have to save for the airfares too... and hopefully a few days in NY after the cruise

NYC - loved that city - it has really improved in recent years - safe and vibrant now

Cute pooches - lots of fun - and great company - we just found 3 labs was a little too much in a suburban yard - two big boys are ok to walk together and get on well together :D

HA... you should see me walking 5 :eek:

Granted most of them are on the small side except for the cattle/staffy x... but I've got it down pat now.

Lately though the one in the pic on the left tore both cruciate ligaments in his back legs... the silly duffer... running too fast then coming to a complete halt. Lots of $ later and he gets the royal treatment in a push chair I bought second hand so I can still walk the others and he doesn't miss out. I look so funny.

And yes... I can't wait to see some of NY. Have only ever been to the west coast before.