Last blocks installed on the Quantum of the Seas

I have seen two different renderings of the front of the ship - one shows the windows for the front view ocean view rooms flush with the metal hull. The other shows the windows recessed behind the metal hull.

From this latest picture, it looks like perhaps the windows are flush with the metal hull - which would provide a much better view.

your thoughts??

Marion

I have seen two different renderings of the front of the ship - one shows the windows for the front view ocean view rooms flush with the metal hull. The other shows the windows recessed behind the metal hull.

From this latest picture, it looks like perhaps the windows are flush with the metal hull - which would provide a much better view.

your thoughts??

Marion

Yes, From the rendering and the videos of the ship, some changes seem to have been made to the front cabbing area superstructure. If you look at the renderings you will see what appears to be a space between the cabin windows and the outer most haul. This would be like having a balcony area between your cabin window and the haul opening overlooking the bow.

It doesn't look like it will be that way now. That's a shame, I would have liked having the free balcony area.

those obstructed views are quite obstructed. you are looking out a big round cut in the hull. Interesting

Yes I think after looking caefully at the photo the windows are recessed. Not at all the view that I was hoping for.

Last blocks installed on the Quantum of the Seas at Meyer Werft

March282014close-upphotobyMaster_Schnief_zps43b479fc.jpg

Judging from the floor plans it looks like the second row up visible, far right obstructed room should be 8512? I have 8112 booked so I'm assuming that's the opposite side same plan. I don't feel like the obstruction is all that bad as long as it's just a rounded hole. It begs the question on why they even needed to make them and couldn't do a standard balcony? Structural?

[ATTACH]308001[/ATTACH] getting more info now. Picture of the doghouse in seaplex

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If this is how it turns out, it's a far cry from "the first food truck at sea".

Looks more like a stand with a food truck facade.

If this is how it turns out, it's a far cry from "the first food truck at sea".

Looks more like a stand with a food truck facade.

Of course that's what it was going to be. You expected a real truck?

I am not trying to be negative - sure the dogs will be delicious, but with the size of the ship I thought there would be a real food truck like one sees in NYC and larger cities. It will not ruin my cruise at all - just saying I really thought it would be a real food truck placed on the ship.

I am not trying to be negative - sure the dogs will be delicious, but with the size of the ship I thought there would be a real food truck like one sees in NYC and larger cities. It will not ruin my cruise at all - just saying I really thought it would be a real food truck placed on the ship.

I thought the same thing. If they can put a real car in their ships' Promenades, why not put a truck in the SeaPlex as well.