Professional Photography Private Sessions

Riley's Mom

I am thinking about doing this for my daughter on our May cruise.

Does anyone have the private session photos they would like to share?

I'm wondering what type of photos they take and what makes them different.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My wife and I took these on the Legend. It was a very neat experience. The photographer took us all over the ship to take pictures in very nice settings. The pictures came out very well. I will say though they were very expensive. I think the smallest package was right around $500 with packages going up to about $2k.

My wife and I took these on the Legend. It was a very neat experience. The photographer took us all over the ship to take pictures in very nice settings. The pictures came out very well. I will say though they were very expensive. I think the smallest package was right around $500 with packages going up to about $2k.

Holy crap.. I hope the package came with a original Mona Lisa

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A couple did this on our last cruise, and we saw them walking around with the photographer. We they were viewing their photos in the gallery, some were taken in areas I didn't even recognize on the ship, and came out very nice. They did share where they took the pictures at with some of the other passengers, and they did have a regular photographer taking photos is some of the less known areas.

We did this on the Dream last summer....while it was fun, and we got some unique pictures from around the ship, I doubt if we will ever do it again. It is very expensive....someone else already mentioned the cost of packages, but you don't have to buy a package. We bought several 8 x 10's, and it cost a little over $200. You can buy as much, or as little, as you want.

We had this done for our daughter's senior pictures on the Breeze.

They turned out great. The colors are so vibrant. They are so much better than the pictures that they take on formal nights.

They will show you a beautiful book of all the pictures that cost some crazy amount. You are not obligated to buy anything is you don't like them. We bought 10 8x10's for $200. For us, we thought it was worth it.

GAWN,

Your daughters pictures are absolutely beautiful and unique.

I would love to see more!

After seeing your pics I definately want to do this for my daughter in May

on the Magic.

I wonder if the photographers ont he Magic are as good as the one who

took your daughters pics?

GAWN' date='

Your daughters pictures are absolutely beautiful and unique.

I would love to see more!

After seeing your pics I definately want to do this for my daughter in May

on the Magic.

I wonder if the photographers ont he Magic are as good as the one who

took your daughters pics?[/quote']

They give you an hour(I think). She can change outfits if she wants. We went all over the ship. But, we liked the outside ones the best. You can split your time between the ship and in port. She didn't want to do it in port. Because , it was so hot.

We were 'recruited' by one of the regular photographers. My daughter spent two different hour-long sessions with the 'fancy' photographer; they went all over the ship -- he asked for the second session, not us, because he wanted to capture night shots. The whole time, staff assured us that we could buy individual photos 'just like in the gallery'.

For the next two days, any time we asked to see the photos, they stalled. Only the fancy photographer would show them to us, and only by appointment.

We finally sat down with a bound album that included 45 images. Honestly, they were fantastic, and had been presented in a lovely book... for $2,500. $3,000 if we wanted the digital file.

We were stunned. Yes, they were great... but in NO WAY did we ever imagine spending that much on photographs. The whole time, the photographer is gritting his teeth (we could hear it!) as we reeled in shock. We were very (very) polite, but were in NO position to spend that kind of cash on photographs.

We felt misled, really, that they hadn't been more upfront about the prices of individual images, and had no idea that they'd waste all the time and money editing images together in the album, which included insets, overlapped images and series shots that were presented very professionally.

Bottom line, DD had recently graduated, and we still had a stack of senior pictures at home. We ended up buying 3 images for just over $100 total, and two are still in the folder a year later.

We've done this twice on the dream. The first time our kids were with us and we did the shots on a beach in st. Martin. The second time was last year on the dream and my hubby and I did pictures around the boat. The first occasion we were presented with the book and DVD that cost $3500. We were shocked as well, but didn't feel pressure at all. We ended up buying 5-$30 photos. They are up in my living room right now. The pictures from last year were not nearly as good... The original photographer passed us off to a colleague to photograph a family that we actually talked into doing the shoot. (They had an adorable little girl...). Turns out, the little girl is now "on display" on several of the ships now! We knew she was cute...

Anyway, as long as you go in prepared, the pictures will be much better quality than the traditional photos and you don't have to buy them all... Although, you might want to...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you all for your replies.

I'm excited to have my daughter's pics taken with the private session

photographer. I'm hoping he will be creative and an amazing photographer.

I'm prepared to buy several hundred dollars worth of the pics.

I normally spend atleast $400 on ship photos anyway.

Thank you.

I would love to see more private session photos if anyone has them to share.