Independence of the Seas - Review

Thanks so much for taking the time to review. I'm considering this ship since I love Liberty and Freedom. Love the pics and can't wait for more!!

Go for it! The Indy was fantastic! The service and food were outstanding. We have also been on the Freedom and the ships are identical. The Indy has more of a European feel with the decor. Everything else is the same except the Indy does not have the dreamworks.

I love your review! It's making it very hard for me to contain my excitement until November!! My daughter and I are taking our first RC cruise to celebrate my birthday. It will be her first cruise ever (she's 28) and I can't wait to share your review with her! She has no idea what she's in for!! I may never get her off!!

Can't wait to see and hear more about your vacation!

I love your review! It's making it very hard for me to contain my excitement until November!! My daughter and I are taking our first RC cruise to celebrate my birthday. It will be her first cruise ever (she's 28) and I can't wait to share your review with her! She has no idea what she's in for!! I may never get her off!!

Can't wait to see and hear more about your vacation!

You are in for quite a treat! If you have any questions ask away. The great thing about cruising is you can do as little or as much as you want.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

IMG_3287_zpsf57f2ae1.jpg

You didn't beat the Chair Hogs' Grand Puhbah to the Solarium. Usually these folks go to a little more trouble to set up camp. This group just settled for laying their nicely folded ship's towel in the middle of the chair.

Loving the review. Thank you so much for taking the time to post. I'm within 3 weeks now of a cruise that I booked 494 days out ... it will be my first time on the Freedom class and I'm SOOO ready for the cruise!

Thank you so much for this review, I am on Indy in just 27 days!

Can you tell me which stateroom you had? I am trying to get an idea of my view, were you on port or starboard side?

We were in 8610 port side. Just past the hump. It was a great location.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is nothing like a sunset at sea...

And lobster...

IMG_3270_zps93da1c87.jpg

Was the lobster actually on the menu or did you special order it? Going in November and would be amazing to have Lobster one night!

Was the lobster actually on the menu or did you special order it? Going in November and would be amazing to have Lobster one night!

It was on the menu one night and our waiter brought a plate of a few extra without asking. I believe it we our second formal night. All other nights it was a special order.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We do prefer the dining room for breakfast when available. We are early risers so there was never a wait. Here is a pic in the dining room during breakfast. I apologize I'm not the best photographer but did my best. :) You can order off the menu or go to this mini buffet where there was fresh fruit, yogart, cereal and toppings like nuts, coconut, candy, sprinkles etc.. This was just one side.

IMG_3320_zpse748e697.jpg

Could not agree more. For us the MDR is THE first option for breakfast and on our recent Indy cruise it was very good. Also the lunch was quite nice as well.

It was on the menu one night and our waiter brought a plate of a few extra without asking. I believe it we our second formal night. All other nights it was a special order.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You are my new favorite person!!!!! I was told that they only do lobster on 7 nighters. I am even way more excited for my trip now!! Can't wait :D

This was looking at Columbus Cove. Thank you to everyone who suggested this beach. It was perfect for us. DD was able to swim in calm water, DH was able to snorkel - but didn't see much and I was able to sit in a lounge chair and watch. I also loved the fact that our buffet had no line at all. When we were heading back to the ship after lunch we noticed all the other buffets had a ton of passengers in line. I guess we lucked out.

DSCF1700_zps3a826502.jpg

This was our buffet - no line!

DSCF1699_zps9cf198e8.jpg

This is the water park area right next to Columbus Cove

DSCF1693_zps30e9ff87.jpg