Old enough for kids club?

mrspeaks

Even if she turns 2 during the cruise she will no tbe allowed to participate.

Kids have to be 2 on date on departure.

Insurance is the reason for this.

Also, in childcare the Adult/child ratios change dramatically after the age of two.

Sailed with my 22 month old granddaughter last summer. No, she was not allowed in Camp Carnival. She was able to use the play area with parents during a few hours each day and was eligible for the paid sessions late night. I know this is difficult when our little ones are so close to the age limits but honestly where do they draw the line. If the make an exception for a child one month younger then why not just set to age limit to 23months. Then there will be folks wanting their 22 month olds to be allowed in camp. And so it will go.

From FAQ on Carnival website:

Camp Carnival is unable to accept children UNDER the age of 2 during activity times. There are no age exceptions to this policy. We do not offer in-stateroom services. We do offer limited services for Under 2's each evening from 10:00 pm-3:00 am and during port times. Services in port varies depending on the time spent in the port, please see Youth Staff on board for additional information There is a fee for these services which will be charged to your S&S account. There are available times on sea day morning’s where the parent can come and play with the child (or drop off for a fee). Check onboard for specific ship details. There are NO in-stateroom services available.

Sorry I don't remember the fee amount. I think it was something like $6-8 per hour but I am not sure. We had teen family members that asked to do babysitting duty to earn extra money.

What is the paid program at night? Would she be with her cousins?

The night owl program is a slumber party type at Camp Carnival. It starts at 10:00pm and ends at 2:00am. My understanding is that all kids are together in one room.

My kids are now over the age of 2, but while they were under 2, I so wished that Carnival would get with the times and expand their program to younger kids like on Royal, and Disney which accept kids starting at 6 months of age all day long. Celebrity and Norwegian also have an all day baby and toddler program although more limited. They do charge for the youngest kids but for us, it was money very well spent. If Carnival were smart enough, they would see the revenue potential if they expanded the program!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app