Zip line or Sea Lion swim??

luv2cruise12124

We went to Coral World NYE 2013. My dh and son did the Sea Trek and I swam with the sea lions. Holy Bejesus what a fantastic time! I swam with Marco - the biggest one there. I recommend going to the presentation prior to your time where they bring out one of the sea lions and the handlers for info and Q&A. I did this and chatted up the handlers - we found out we were all from the midwest and crazy dog freak people. I'm not saying it was due to that but when I asked if I could swim with Franco and try some training movements - not only were my requests honored - I got at least an extra 20 minutes in the water. Utterly fabulous. I'm looking to do it again on our next stop in STT it was that awesome.

These are large animals - no doubt. If you think these are little guys, they aren't. The handler asks at one point if you want a kiss - which of course I did - it was like having the biggest English Bulldog you have ever met plant one on you. Each of the sea lions are rescue - which is what sold me on the excursion - and when you look in their eyes, you just melt.

On the other hand - I've never zip lined so I can't compare. All I know is that my friends who have are completely jealous of my NYE date Marco:)

Thanks. I really want to do the sea lion swim. My husband wants to zip line. The zip lining looks fun, but it also looks like there is a lot of down time in between each zip line. Have you ever done the swimming with dolphins excursions? Is it better than the dolphin swims?