How do you add cash to your seapass?

Here we are on our way to port Canaveral preparing for our cruise tomorrow and my brother is having issues with restaurants rejecting his debit card, called the bank and it turns out his card was part of a large data compromise and made inactive except at his bank branch atm machines. His seapass is linked to this now inactive card and we are in a bind, was on hold for nearly an hour trying to talk to a royal rep, so I finally gave up. I read you can add cash to your seapass card but I have no idea how to do this, does anyone know?

Here we are on our way to port Canaveral preparing for our cruise tomorrow and my brother is having issues with restaurants rejecting his debit card, called the bank and it turns out his card was part of a large data compromise and made inactive except at his bank branch atm machines. His seapass is linked to this now inactive card and we are in a bind, was on hold for nearly an hour trying to talk to a royal rep, so I finally gave up. I read you can add cash to your seapass card but I have no idea how to do this, does anyone know?

You can normally call and buy OBC with a debit or credit card, but you're too late for that now, plus his debit card is inactive. The only other way is to get the cash from a bank atm and then deposit it with Guest services once you board, or link his account to your credit card and have him pay you back when you get home

We always pay in cash & RCI never have our card details. All we do is go to guest services on the first or second day, hand them my seapass card and however much cash we want to deposit. They receipt it against our account & we're good to go. We top up if necessary during the cruise & close out the account & get any leftovers back on the final night. :)

Your seapass will be linked to whatever you check in with at the port, be it a cc or by telling them you want to do a cash account

His sp account cannot be linked to a declined dc so another cc or cash is needed

Its a good idea to always travel with a back up cc with 0 balance in case your present card has a mishap during the cruise

YOU can open with a cash account and if the dc gets straightened out during the cruise , you can change over to that during the cruise

Edited by setsail