Just off Magic oil spill cruise

karinski

What an adventure!! I was hoping to find opinions of one of the 1300 people that disembarked a few hours before we left! Wasn't sad to see them go..... Less lines, more loungers and could always get a seat at the 6$ black jack table!! Yes, it sucked that we lost 2 days and missed Mo Bay, but it was totally out of their hands!! They gave a 2 day pro- rated refund and 25% off future cruise. Extremely reasonable! There were people just being complete donkeys....like some how Carnival could control an oil spill!! Seems to me those were the people who left. Magic was a beautiful ship!! Had a great time anyways!!

Awwwww!!!! Wish more people have the positive attitude that you do!!!:D

Glad you had a great time, and didn't have to deal with chair hogs!!!!

When life hands you lemons, you make lemonade.

Thanks for the quick review!!!!!!!

Great job making the best out of a bad situation. Great that you got a 2 day refund too. Even luckier were those on royal Caribbean who got the entire 7 days refunded and still got to cruise. Nothing like a free cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Fitzget

I just got off this cruise too. Glad we did get to sail to two of our ports and thought carnival was fair. However overall disappointed. Scramble for hotels Sunday evening wasn't fun. Carnival came in earlier than others but didn't let us on Sunday Embarking Monday morning was worst I've ever seen. Then even with all the people that got off early, leaving the ship in Cozumel was a fiasco! Dining room service so slow that one evening we got up and left before our entree arrived. That being said, I still enjoyed myself.

I just got off this cruise too. Glad we did get to sail to two of our ports and thought carnival was fair. However overall disappointed. Scramble for hotels Sunday evening wasn't fun. Carnival came in earlier than others but didn't let us on Sunday Embarking Monday morning was worst I've ever seen. Then even with all the people that got off early, leaving the ship in Cozumel was a fiasco! Dining room service so slow that one evening we got up and left before our entree arrived. That being said, I still enjoyed myself.

Gosh, and you would think with less people the dining room service would have been faster. Wonder what it would have been like with the ship full? :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~

Glad you had a great time, and you do have a glass half-full type of attitude that's refreshing.

It's good that you are happy with what Carnival offered, but there is a difference IMO of anyone unhappy with the Carnival offer in your case, and the two families upset about the missed port of Cozumel (See threads about the rescue of 41 Cuban refugees) Anyway, Carnival can afford to be generous in this case. Every dime they lose and then some will be recouped from the company that caused the oil spill. You can bet that Carnival's army of lawyers are all ready preparing the lawsuit.

I didn't have any of those problems. FTTF made a HUGE difference on this cruise. Mainly boarding- while some

People waited 2-3 hours, we were on board in 15 minutes. Had no issues with the dining room either. Once again- not their fault that everyone wants to get off the ship at the same time. We were off in 10 minutes in Cozumel. People need to have a little patience.

Does this mean they got off in Cozumel using the "Great Vacation Guarantee" ?

Does this mean they got off in Cozumel using the "Great Vacation Guarantee" ?

I thought they meant that even with all the people who got of the ship in Texas before it sailed, due to the delay, it was still crowded or difficult to get off the ship in Cozumel. I may have misread that though.

I thought they meant that even with all the people who got of the ship in Texas before it sailed, due to the delay, it was still crowded or difficult to get off the ship in Cozumel. I may have misread that though.

That's how I read it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a great time despite the oil spill. Our group just considered this trip an All Inclusive. We waited in line chatting for 20 minutes before we realized we had Faster to the Fun. Best investment we ever made. On the ship in 30 minutes. And that was because we couldn't walk fast enough. No lines at all. We didn't have any trouble in the dining room. Service was great throughout the whole ship. My only complaint would be how rough the ride was. That ship was rocking and rolling. But at least we made it to Grand Cayman. We had no trouble in Cozumel. Overall we had a great time. The ones who got off made it even nicer for us.

The people who left the ship, got off in Galveston before we sailed. Getting off the ship in Grand Cayman was not easy because of the tendering but there were 3 cruise ships in the harbor at the same time. They had to split the tenders between all 3, it did take a while but if you got in early you got off early. Cozumel was a breeze, when they called your deck number you walked off the ship. What do you people expect?

The people who left the ship, got off in Galveston before we sailed. Getting off the ship in Grand Cayman was not easy because of the tendering but there were 3 cruise ships in the harbor at the same time. They had to split the tenders between all 3, it did take a while but if you got in early you got off early. Cozumel was a breeze, when they called your deck number you walked off the ship. What do you people expect?
...What did they expect? They expected to be treated as though they are the only passengers on this voyage and that the crew and staff should be instantly attentive--maybe even predictively attentive--to anything they asked for.

I'm glad I didn't get off too, but I am disappointed that my vacation protection isn't paying for my hotel day. They said if I had gotten off the ship, they would have paid for my hotel and food. That just sucks. Basically, I paid a few hundred dollars for worthless cruise protection and another $150 for a hotel and probably will get less than that refunded.

I guess it all evens out in the end, but I wish Carnival would have really shown some outstanding gesture to make me want to go back (this was my first cruise). As is, RCC sounds like they are awesome. Even with 25% off a Carnival Cruise, I think they way RCC treated their guests was so outstanding. I'm cruising with them next.

Edited by vixenmonkees

Also, I was in Southern Lights and my dining staff was often too fast and attentive. They were so fast with the entrees (I had 6 pm dining), I didn't know they did a little show for us every night until the second to the last night when our waiter said something. He said he thought we were just leaving so early to watch the early show or had something better to do.

I also had no problems disembarking, but I had an excursion in the Caymans (Cozy seemed smooth).

Nothing wrong with the trip at all, but I still think Carnival could have done better. You know they have insurance, and as was said, they'll get a nice chunk from whatever company is found liable. Mostly just disappointed I gave the Hilton money, but oh well. At least I had a room. Some people were sleeping in the lobby.

Edited by vixenmonkees

...What did they expect? They expected to be treated as though they are the only passengers on this voyage and that the crew and staff should be instantly attentive--maybe even predictively attentive--to anything they asked for.

Should they have expected less?

I wanted to take one of the people's rooms that got off. I also thought trip insurance paid for any delays??!?

They told me last Monday morning that it wouldn't, because Carnival was already refunding me for that night, which would cover the hotel and the food, etc. However, had I decided to cancel the cruise (at that point they were offering the first cancel offer...just don't get on and go home), they would pay for my room and my food (and I would still get a refund from Carnival, so it makes no sense). I was already on the boat at that point, so I wasn't getting off (and I'm not sure if I had disembarked *after* that, when they let the 1300 off, what they would have done).

I am going to call again. I just got in last night at 1 a.m. and pretty much slept all day. Turns out my car had a flat in Park N Cruise when I got off the boat, so I had to spend all afternoon in an autoshop before I drove back to Arkansas. This was the trip where nothing went right, but those are always the best adventures!

Edited by vixenmonkees