Explorer Of The Seas 10/4/05

For our honeymoon we have chosen to take a wonderful cruise on Explorer of the Seas. San Juan,St. Marrten,St. Thomas, and Nassau. Does anyone have a recomendation for some excursions. We haven't booked anything because some people have said it better to wait and just find one once we are at the port. This is my first cruise and my soon to be's second. Any advise would be appreciated. Also, Do they give free upgrades at boarding time?

Thanks for your help!

Cory

Check on the ports of call board for each of those ports. Suggestions will be given for things to do in each place. I know Godfrey's tours is highly touted in St. Thomas, but he may be booked by now. There's a multitude of info on each of those ports, so knock yourself out researching. That's half the fun of cruising!

We sailed the Explorer last Sept for our 25th anniversary. What a glorious time! Anyone who doesn't have fun on her is very hard to please. There just wasn't hours enough in the day to do everything we wanted to. Just beware. Now, like so many others on this board, we are CRUISE ADDICTS! I could happen to you!

Happy Sailing!

We loved Godfrey's Tour in St. Thomas- he picked us up at the pier, we had time in town to shop and explore, then we toured the island with stops for picture taking, he dropped us at our choice of 3 beaches for 2 hours and then picked us up and brought us back to the pier- all for $20 U.S. each.

Book ahead though- he is popular!

http://www.godfreytoursvi.com

In St. Maarten we went snorkelling on the Lord Sheffield tall ship. For 4 or so hours we sailed, had a wonderful lunch of ribs and other yummy treats, a lot of rum punch and beer, and snorkelling (equipment provided). It didn't start 'til 11 so there was time to explore downtown as well. It was $50 US pp when we went but I think they have raised the rates. Friendly Canadian crew. Again, I would book this in advance.

http://www.lordsheffield.com/

For San Juan we got a walking tour online from frommers.com and took a taxi to the fort and then walked down. If we went back we would probably do the Rainforest tour (there are opperators not affiliated with the ship for this one as well).

We did the same thing in Nassau but there wasn't much to see. I wasn't too impressed with this port. Maybe there will be good suggestions on the port boards.

Hope this helps.

Have a great honeymoon!

For our honeymoon we have chosen to take a wonderful cruise on Explorer of the Seas. San Juan,St. Marrten,St. Thomas, and Nassau. Does anyone have a recomendation for some excursions. We haven't booked anything because some people have said it better to wait and just find one once we are at the port. This is my first cruise and my soon to be's second. Any advise would be appreciated. Also, Do they give free upgrades at boarding time?

Thanks for your help!

Cory

Hey Cory,

Are you sailing with us on October 2, 2005? I saw your post for Oct. 4th and was wondering if you are on our sailing. If so, come visit us at our rollcall thread. There are lots of other shipmates over there just waiting to meet your traveling party. We are still working on getting our Mix and Mingle party scheduled by RCCL. We need 5 more people I believe to make it official. Come on over if you'd like.

Tracey

I'm sorry. I noticed that I put in the wrong date. It's supposed to be 9/4/05. Just counting the days! Anyway thanks for the invite. I hope you have a great time! Since this is my first cruise I can't wait..

Hey, no problem. Congrats on the wedding though and I know you'll have a great time on your cruise for your honeymoon! Be sure to let the Cruise Director know that you are on your honeymoon and you may get an invite to be contestants on one of the "shows" on the ship. If not, go to the show anyway, it's lots of fun!

Tracey :)

Sounds like fun! Thanks again. Oh, I was noticing on one of the threads that some people were commenting that the ship wasn't very full yet. Is there a way to tell this? It sure would be nice if there weren't that many people on board.

Archived