POA cabin

Lorey2007

Unfortunately, you're going to find a lot of NCL folks here who may or may not have experience in Junior Suites on Princess. Can you perhaps tell us a little bit about a Junior Suite? Perhaps that would help us help you :).

I'll give my 2cents.

My JS cabin on RCCL was comfortable. Full size sofa, small coffee table. Desk, with desk chair. Bed, two night tables, typical small bathroom. Balcony with two chairs and small table, larger than balcony room balconies'. One person could pass between end of bed and wall. Gave just a bit more room than a regular balcony room.

Mini suite on Princess, basically same as RCCL JS suite. Very small divider between sofa area and bed. Everything else about the same.

SS Suite on HAL, slightly different layout, and maybe slightly larger, with smaller balcony? Sofa, large desk, chair, and living room chair. Tons of storage.

Balcony class on Carnival, RCCL, Celebrity, Princess, same as others.

CC class on Celebrity, same size as regular balcony.

All of these of course, have different perks or lay outs, none are glaringly different as far as I can see. I liked them all:D

My dilemma.. in a few weeks I have jumped from the regular cruise line ships to try out the POA. Yes, I have gone over to the dark side.. the Norweenie side. I will be critiquing everything with eyes wide open. We booked a balcony, and have just upgraded, so will be able to better describe what a Deluxe penthouse suite looks like. On the newly added famous deck 13. Fingers are crossed they have the kinks worked out.:eek:

As I pass by cabins, I will have a peek and will return to post back what my findings were.

I'll give my 2cents.

My JS cabin on RCCL was comfortable. Full size sofa, small coffee table. Desk, with desk chair. Bed, two night tables, typical small bathroom. Balcony with two chairs and small table, larger than balcony room balconies'. One person could pass between end of bed and wall. Gave just a bit more room than a regular balcony room.

Mini suite on Princess, basically same as RCCL JS suite. Very small divider between sofa area and bed. Everything else about the same.

SS Suite on HAL, slightly different layout, and maybe slightly larger, with smaller balcony? Sofa, large desk, chair, and living room chair. Tons of storage.

Balcony class on Carnival, RCCL, Celebrity, Princess, same as others.

CC class on Celebrity, same size as regular balcony.

All of these of course, have different perks or lay outs, none are glaringly different as far as I can see. I liked them all:D

My dilemma.. in a few weeks I have jumped from the regular cruise line ships to try out the POA. Yes, I have gone over to the dark side.. the Norweenie side. I will be critiquing everything with eyes wide open. We booked a balcony, and have just upgraded, so will be able to better describe what a Deluxe penthouse suite looks like. On the newly added famous deck 13. Fingers are crossed they have the kinks worked out.:eek:

As I pass by cabins, I will have a peek and will return to post back what my findings were.

I have pictures of 13522 from our cruise in Dec. These are the suites that overlook the pool. I really liked them and would consider staying in one if we were to cruise POA again.

ImageUploadedByForums1396321664.197285.jpg.b67f1f52da033598e33c1c33be8ab4e6.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1396321386.790594.jpg.8690ae6f2d840a7f1923fc2eddf341d4.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1396321456.278341.jpg.e9359d91a274930a96a09a9c93b6e4eb.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1396321503.666786.jpg.130fd06041805ddde644568d8b3ac855.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1396321542.108749.jpg.a53a607b2f13c7711150511305cbcc24.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1396321585.712742.jpg.4d641569bfd59a55f4660be2ae9b842a.jpg

I considered these cabins. We discussed the noise factor from the pool, and honestly don't see any real issue. Certainly at night it would be quiet. My thoughts…. view would be the best of both worlds. You would be able to see each side by just turning your head, with your martini glass of course:cool:

Thanks for posting, the more photos of this reno, will get the info out.

NCL website is at best…. poor. But, having said that, some of the others a few years back were brutal!

We had a mini suite on the Ruby Princess. I would consider it to be similar to balcony cabins on NCL or RCCL, only a little more spacious. We are sailing on POA in July in a balcony cabin on deck 9 aft. The POA does not have a cabin classified as a mini suite (NCL does on some of their other ships). Take a look at the B1 or B6 categories (large balcony) at about 230 square feet. These are about 30% larger than my cabin. I think that would come closest - unless you go for a suite.