10:30am Oslo Tour?

Pat317

Hi,

This is my 1st time posting a question on CC and I hope that you can help me with my question. My Royal Princess cruise docks in Oslo at 10:00am and I want to book an independent sightseeing tour that starts at 10:30am-- meeting place is at City Hall. Do you think I can get off the cruise ship and walk to City Hall by 10:30am? I am afraid that I won't get off the ship in time. How long does it usually take for passengers to debark the cruise ship and how far a walking distance is the cruise dock to City Hall?

Thank you in advance.

It depends on where you're docking.

http://www.oslohavn.no/no/?template=cruise_list_no

Most of Royal Princess's calls are docking at Akershuskaia, and the city hall is 7-10 minutes' walk straight towards town from the pier. However, if you are on the 26 June port call that's docking at Filipstad, it will be a tight call, because that port facility is 20-25 minute's away. (You can find the port locations on the map in my signature.)

As for disembarkation, if you're ready to go shortly before the official arrival time, you should be able to be off the ship quite quickly. We've never had to wait more than a minute or two if we were at the gangway right after the permission to go ashore was announced.

It depends on where you're docking.

http://www.oslohavn.no/no/?template=cruise_list_no

Most of Royal Princess's calls are docking at Akershuskaia, and the city hall is 7-10 minutes' walk straight towards town from the pier. However, if you are on the 26 June port call that's docking at Filipstad, it will be a tight call, because that port facility is 20-25 minute's away. (You can find the port locations on the map in my signature.)

As for disembarkation, if you're ready to go shortly before the official arrival time, you should be able to be off the ship quite quickly. We've never had to wait more than a minute or two if we were at the gangway right after the permission to go ashore was announced.

kaisatsu, thank you for your reply. I booked the 10:30am tour, feeling confident that I will make it to the meeting place on time.