How long is the Tender?

jcs56

I keep hearing about tendering in Belize. How far is it? How long does it take?

The ship will anchor pretty far out, so the time is longer than at other ports. I would estimate that our time was about 20-30 minutes. It seemed shorter coming back than heading in to port - probably due to loading time.

How long it seems probably depends when you get there. We were about the last on the boat both coming and going, so the boat left right after we got on.

At least in Belize the tenders were fairly small so they loaded and unloaded quickly. In Cancun the tenders were very large and the loading and unloading took forever.

I have not yet tendered into a port yet. So, my question is this: what if you get back for the last tender boat, and it's already full. Since you're there on time will they come back for you. It might sound like a silly question, but I'm just wondering. Thanks!

I have not yet tendered into a port yet. So, my question is this: what if you get back for the last tender boat, and it's already full. Since you're there on time will they come back for you. It might sound like a silly question, but I'm just wondering. Thanks!

Nothing to worry about. The tender operator (ship or private) will radio the ship to let them know the situation and they will send an additional tender.

All of the different cruise lines have staff on shore to help with the tendering for their ship. This includes security staff and other crew. They always ride back on the last tender that the ship is intending to use. But they never leave when passengers are there on the dock, as they are they last to board the last tender. So if you are there on time, that crew should be there and even if the so-called last tender is full, the ship will send back another boat in order to pick up the crew and other passengers remaining.

You know you are in trouble if you get there and all of the cruise line staff is gone. :(

There were two types of tenders operating when we were there. We were on the large new ones both coming and going, and took 15 min travel time. However the smaller older boat which still held quite a few people took 30 minutes. I think it was just a matter of luck which one you got on.

Su

There are more than 2 or 3 tender boats. We we were watching as the earlier tendering people were leaving the ship and there were several boats in the water waiting to move up to the gangway as a full tender headed to the port. So as one filled up and headed out, another was waiting. Returning to the ship is the same way. You are not standing there waiting for a tender to show up.

Have fun!

Archived