This Is My First Cruise. I Need Help!

redfern

I hope to go on a cruise June '06 with my family of four and another family. We have decided that RCI is the line we want to go on since we have teenagers. What is the best way to get the best price? Has anyone used web sites such as *****.com to get a better price? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I have used ***** for our last 7 cruises and have been very satisfied with their service. But if you are planning on going RCCL you can get the same price from them as you are going to get from online web sites because of their policies which says no online or regular travel agent can sell individual cruises for less than the price on the RCCL web site.

Have a great next cruise anyway.

redfern..... Yes, I have used *****. It is a reputable company.

You might do some research first, though..

Travelocity is usually where I start. See what's out there...what my options are.

Go to *****, when you know what sailing/cabin you want.

Also, stop by a travel agent's office. Pick up the brochures. They are free.

We have a travel agent that is a key account and always gets us better prices than the cruiseline or any other travel website. She is absolutely incredible. We've been booking with her since our very first cruise in 1999.

E-mail me and I will send you her info because we are not allowed to post on the boards.

I used ***** with good results. ***** is not a travel agency. You register what cruise or cruises you are interested in and then TA's from agencies give you their best deal on the cruise. Alot of times they through in a special addition such as free cruise insurance. Check out special internet prices, compare them with what you can get from RCCL and through *****.

For my cruise next Oct. I used ***** and was happy with the results. You create an account and they only convey your request to the various travel agencies but not your personal info. When you log back into the ***** site you will see any quotes for your proposed trip. Email the travel agent you decide to work with directly. I did compare the quotes I got with Expedia and a local travel agent and I did get a better rate from the ***** TA. I was able to get specific quotes for particular cabin categories before making my decision. Since then I've contacted the TA with additional questions about my booking and not had any issues getting a response.

Make sure you read the quote entirely for any additional fees they might have and I'd recommend only using one if they allow you to call in your credit card number -- never email your credit card number to anyone.

Archived