Carnival Spirit, Pacific Islands

I'm booked on the Carnival Spirit on a 9 night Pacific Islands cruise in August. I've been looking up things to do on the ports that we are docking(?) at, in particular: Isle of Pines, Lifou, Noumea and Mare.

On the island of Mare:

Le Grotte de Pethoen (Pethoen Caves): has anyone been here and if so, would you recommend it? Apparently it is a bit tricky to find but totally amazeballs!! :eek: If you have been there, was it hard to find? Was it a tough walk/climb/descent to get to for people who are unfit?

The Bone Hole (one of the world's largest sunken caves): I repeat all the questions above!

Mare also has the world's most photographed hut - Chez Senday in the village of Roh. This hotel has the tiny hut perched on a rock overlooking the lagoon. I'd love to take a photograph of it but it looks absolutely miles away! Has anyone made the effort to go there? Did it take forever?! Was it worth the effort?

Isle of Pines

I really like the quirky totem poles out the front of the church in Vao! Is Saint Maurice Bay easy enough to get to?

I see that Queen Hortense's Cave is included on a tour of the island which I will do as I like anything weird and wonderful and if it's already included in a tour, I'm in!

Lifou Island

Is it possible to go to both Jinek Bay and Luengoni Beach? Or is that too much? Which one is the best for snorkeling or are they both equally as fantastic?

That's all I can think of for now. Any advice is hugely appreciated! Thanks in advance.:)

Only one spot I can comment on. Jinek Bay has very good snorkelling. Lots of coral and plenty of fish. There is a $15pp AUD entry fee. You must pay this fee to a local before descending the steps into the water to snorkel.

Edited by aussielozzie18