Price drop 8 months out? Do they happen?

bannerboxer

We booked early saver for the breeze sailing Nov 30th. I have been trying to check everyday, as best I can but I read threads on here that talk about checking 2-3 times a day.

Do I really need to check that often this far out? How many people see fare changes occuring so frequently 8 months out?

I know once we get 1-3 months out that when the prices tend to start to drop, or this that not the case? wondering when ppl find the most drops tend to happen, and if checking daily is fine for now?

Frankly, I think you are safe checking once a day, or even 3 times a week, when you are 8 months out. It has been my experience that most price drops for my cruises have come closer to sail date. Besides, we have such a good group of CC members here, they always announce when they find a price drop. Regardless of what happens, I hope you have a fabulous cruise.:D:D

Booked my upcoming April cruise mid- November. We had 1 price drop of about $30.00 pp. a week later. That was the last one, now the price has gone up about $60.00 pp. and has not moved! Last cruise I was able to get 3 price drops....

we are booked on the Breeze for Feb 2015 and got a $90 price drop this morning. 8 hours later I checked again and saw it was gone back up. This morning was the first time I checked because I also thought it was too far out for drops. I don't know what possessed me to check but I'm sure glad I did! I didn't realize people post when they get a drop. Makes sense though...guess I'll have to share the news next time. :)

I also noticed a price drop for March 2015. When I checked on Sunday there was a $60 difference (they had dropped the surcharge I paid for Lido deck). I wasn't sure if that was the same as a price drop but emailed my PVP that night and was credited the next morning. This morning the surcharge is back on the mock booking, so I guess it can be good to check daily.

We are booked on the Dream in November and our rate has done nothing but go up. I booked during their Feb $50 deposit sale, I saw a very good rate and snagged it. If it goes anywhere near what I paid, I'll be surprised as it's gone up almost $500 in the past month. I don't care though; we booked a rate that I was perfectly comfortable with paying.

We have a booking on the Pride for next March. Checked this morning, the rate is $325/person higher than what we booked at 8 weeks ago... Like you, we got a good rate from my opinion, and if it goes down, we will take the credit. If not, not complaining about the rate. After all fees, taxes, upgrades, we are less than $90/person/day... which I view as excellent

Steve

I am ok with the rate I booked at also, but less is always better. Last cruise my rates went down about $80 pp. I never pay off my cruise until I absolutely have to that way I actually get my cruise for less rather than OBC.

We booked early saver for the breeze sailing Nov 30th. I have been trying to check everyday, as best I can but I read threads on here that talk about checking 2-3 times a day.

Do I really need to check that often this far out? How many people see fare changes occuring so frequently 8 months out?

I know once we get 1-3 months out that when the prices tend to start to drop, or this that not the case? wondering when ppl find the most drops tend to happen, and if checking daily is fine for now?

On our B2B January 2013, we booked our B2B for January 2014. We received our first price drop sometime in April. So, yes, it does happen that far in advance.

We booked our January 2015 B2B while on January 2014 cruises. I do check everyday and so far the price has not dropped. I'll keep checking, though.

Jr,

Yep, when I do a price check, it is with a mock booking up to the point where I select the cabin on the same deck I already have booked. I too have seen a drop in fees/taxes on one of my active bookings and got the credit ($31). When Carnival calculates the price drop, this is what they will do, at least it is what happened when I did price drop checks with my PVP.

Steve

Hi Bannerboxer :)

Yes, you certainly do need to check for price drops this far out. When cruising

Carnival, we use Carnival's 'fare viewer'. Quick, easy & efficient, located @:

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

I usually check twice a day. Mid morning and early evening. No need to

check 3 or 4 times a day. However Carnival's computer system is set to

update/refresh at 6-hour intervals.

I have encountered price drops that disappeared a few hours later.

Also, I never use the online price drop form; I always phone Carnival directly

for all price drops and they are credited to the account before I even hang up

with the Carnival agent.

:)

we booked 10 months out and got a big price drop when they had their winter sale. $100 per person. $200 total and we still have the best rate at $409 per person for a balcony on the sensation. i am still hoping it drops some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk