Baltic Cruise, The Jewel, July 14.

`With such fabulous and informative reviews from Anne, Nancy, and others, I thought instead of a detailed and long review of our experience, I would offer a few observations and share some thoughts.

Yes, the Jewel is a beautiful ship and if you have a chance to cruise on this ship you will not be dissapointed. The overall service was exceptional and adding additional sevice personel to the Windjammer was a pleasant surprise.

FOOD- As one who is not a "gourmet" or "adventureous" diner, I should be the last person to offer a food review. That being said, the main dining room has begun offering what my DW and I describe as alot of "weird" selections. The last night for instance: Grey goose vodka and smoked salmon cream pasta (huh?). Indian vegie curry, Asian Tofu. Chilled forest berries and buttermilk soup. These type of selections were prevalent every night. Gone is veal, filet, etc. choices. Did I go to bed hungry? Absolutely not, there is always going to be something for everyone if you look hard enough.

From a dining experience CHOPS, was as good as any 5-star steakhouse I have been to. Thus, 2 other nights I had the "head waiter" get me a filet(not on the menu) that came from Chops along with great french -onion soup. Keep this advise "quiet".

THE PORTS- Except for St. Petersburg (Denrus) we did every port on our own. Their were some dissapointments IE. The Viking Museum and Skansen, but so many great sights that others have mentioned. We especially enjoyed the boat tours in Copenhagen and Stockholm and walking Gamla Stan in Stockholm. Meeting up with Stan J. in St. Petersburg was a special time.

It rained every day, but it did not dampen our spirits.

Other Highlights- Meeting everyone from on-line at the Meet and Mingle. Winning the Elvis impersonator contest.

One sidenote for all of the "contagious and allergic to smoke cruisers, at least 90% of the ship and bar areas was non-smoking. I had a difficult time finding ashtrays.

Great cruise, great ship

Kurt, I suppose we expected more from the Museum. It was (for us) uninspiring, dark, small and crowded. Probably fine for those who like the history behind the Viking ships.

Welcome home Don!! Overall it sounds like you had a great time, I agree some of the museums get a little dark, crowded and uninteresting. I think we'll skip that one.

So you got to meet Stan J, can imagine you had a great time, I think he knows everything.

Congrats, on that Elvis contest!

Welcome home Don!! Overall it sounds like you had a great time, I agree some of the museums get a little dark, crowded and uninteresting. I think we'll skip that one.

So you got to meet Stan J, can imagine you had a great time, I think he knows everything.

Congrats, on that Elvis contest!

Thanks Saylor Girl and I hope you have a great cruise. When do you leave? Yes, Stan is an incredible, intelligent , and nice person. Iam so glad I got to meet him.

Archived