Room Service Drinks

SconnieMom

So if I order room service is it basically like the rules in the dining room? Anything is free as far as food (+ any tip to delivery), and standard booze too? What if we get a blended cocktail with our brunch, linner or late late snack?

Room service is free and tips are appreciated. You can order whatever you want.

You can order drinks through room service as well. But you will be charged the same as if you ordered them at a bar.

You can order whatever you want.

That is on the room service menu, of course. (I know you meant that, I just wanted to add clarification so people did not think they could order lobster tails every day for lunch.) :-)

Room service is free and tips are appreciated. You can order whatever you want.

You can order drinks through room service as well. But you will be charged the same as if you ordered them at a bar.

Drinks with alcohol are charged for, coffee, tea, juice are free.

Soft drinks are charged bar prices... Can't use the bottomless bubbles for room service. Not sure on Cheers.

Beverages excluded from the Cheers! beverage program include beverages offered through room service as well as mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs.

Source: http://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/My_Awesome_Bar_Program.pdf

Beverages excluded from the Cheers! beverage program include beverages offered through room service as well as mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs.

Source: http://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/My_Awesome_Bar_Program.pdf

Ahhh nuts. The BF and I were joking last night that we were hoping to be able to order bloody marys and mimosas for breakfast via room service with our Cheers card. Gotta start the day off right with a balanced breakfast of fruits and veggies. ;)

Ahhh nuts. The BF and I were joking last night that we were hoping to be able to order bloody marys and mimosas for breakfast via room service with our Cheers card. Gotta start the day off right with a balanced breakfast of fruits and veggies. ;)

Good thing about a cruise ship is that you and/or your room are never more than a minute away from a bar. On my last cruise, we had a mid-ship room and I visited the atrium bar every morning to get a Long Island Iced Tea to go with my room service bagel. :-)

Absolutely! Fruits and veggies are the most important part of a balanced breakfast! Really, all you need is a Bloody Mary to be balanced. Well, depending on how many and how much vodka they add, maybe a little unbalanced. ;-)

Edited by Fitzget

15%? No way. And NOT automatically added. It's free! You tip about $1-2 per person being served in the cabin. Also consider the amount of food ordered. Generally not more than $5. And use cash, tips won't be "charged" to your room.

We bring singles & fives just for tipping room service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by fla_momuv3

15%? No way. And NOT automatically added. It's free! You tip about $1-2 per person being served in the cabin. Also consider the amount of food ordered. Generally not more than $5. And use cash, tips won't be "charged" to your room.

We bring singles & fives just for tipping room service.

OK, I thought I understood this but now I'm confused. I know that the room service is free, so therefore I assume they don't ask for your S&S card and don't give you anything to sign, so if you just order food, you'd have to tip in cash. But if you order something that does incur a charge (like soda or liquor), I assume that you DO have to sign something -- so couldn't you add the entire tip (for both the beverage and the room service food delivery) onto your account that way, and not use cash at all?

OK, I thought I understood this but now I'm confused. I know that the room service is free, so therefore I assume they don't ask for your S&S card and don't give you anything to sign, so if you just order food, you'd have to tip in cash. But if you order something that does incur a charge (like soda or liquor), I assume that you DO have to sign something -- so couldn't you add the entire tip (for both the beverage and the room service food delivery) onto your account that way, and not use cash at all?

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums