Cruising with a Minor who is not a family member on Allure

Hi All

Does anyone know if there is a curfew for 16 and unders on Allure? I looked at the RCL website and could not find it. My son is 16, his friend is not quite 16. I worry about them after hours - of course I'll be checking their stateroom, which is right next to ours and of course, there will be rules.

Also, how comfortable is everyone out there travelling with the minor child of another family? Of course, we know about the notarized letter and all. But have you all done this? This was a last minute change because, unfortunately my other older son has been assigned a work job and since his job is new, he is forced to go. Upset that he can't join us on the cruise but we did come up with this substitution. Thanks!

Hi All

Does anyone know if there is a curfew for 16 and unders on Allure? I looked at the RCL website and could not find it. My son is 16, his friend is not quite 16. I worry about them after hours - of course I'll be checking their stateroom, which is right next to ours and of course, there will be rules.

Also, how comfortable is everyone out there travelling with the minor child of another family? Of course, we know about the notarized letter and all. But have you all done this? This was a last minute change because, unfortunately my other older son has been assigned a work job and since his job is new, he is forced to go. Upset that he can't join us on the cruise but we did come up with this substitution. Thanks!

It may vary by ship, but on Enchantment last week, there was a curfew of 1am for those under 18.

You should also consider having a notarized letter for the friend. See the last part of this link under "Family Legal Documents":

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=329&faqSubjectName=Cruise+Documents&faqId=2814

Edited by clarea

Hi! We went on a spring break cruise (Serenade of the Seas) in March. We took our daughter's best friend with us and everything was great! We did have the notarized letter from her parents her birth certificate. There was a 1 AM curfew for those under 18. Have fun!!

Oh - I am loving that 1 am curfew! But I wish it was more like 11 pm LOL!

Hard to stay up til 1, for me, at least! Thanks and I did read about the notarized letter on the RCL website!

So, in general then, it sounds like taking along a friend to keep your 16 year old occupied, is a good thing?

Edited by CruisinRoxy
addition

I read the Family Legal Document that states:

Family Legal Documents

Should the last names of the parent and minor child traveling with them differ, the parent is required to present the child's valid passport and visa (if required) and the child's birth certificate (original, a notarized copy or a certified copy). The name of the parent(s) and the child must be linked through legal documentation.

So if the Parents have different last names on their Passports but the children have same last name of one parent, do they still have to bring the kids birth certificate?

Just want to make sure. Thanks.

I read the Family Legal Document that states:

Family Legal Documents

Should the last names of the parent and minor child traveling with them differ, the parent is required to present the child's valid passport and visa (if required) and the child's birth certificate (original, a notarized copy or a certified copy). The name of the parent(s) and the child must be linked through legal documentation.

So if the Parents have different last names on their Passports but the children have same last name of one parent, do they still have to bring the kids birth certificate?

Just want to make sure. Thanks.

YES!!! I've got the same situation - my 8 yr old DD's last name is different than mine. If the person listed as the other parent on the BC is not on the cruise you need a notorized letter stating you have permission to sail OR custody paperwork showing that you have full legal/physical custody.

I have to take her passport, BC, my divorce ppwk and a copy of my current marriage certif - Some cruises I've been asked for it others I have not. But I always always have it all with me. I also get a notorized letter from my ex stating the sailing dates/ship and that I have permission to take her since we have joint legal custody.

To stress - I HAVE been asked for this paperwork - and they are very meticulous in checking the ppwk

YES!!! I've got the same situation - my 8 yr old DD's last name is different than mine. If the person listed as the other parent on the BC is not on the cruise you need a notorized letter stating you have permission to sail OR custody paperwork showing that you have full legal/physical custody.

I have to take her passport, BC, my divorce ppwk and a copy of my current marriage certif - Some cruises I've been asked for it others I have not. But I always always have it all with me. I also get a notorized letter from my ex stating the sailing dates/ship and that I have permission to take her since we have joint legal custody.

To stress - I HAVE been asked for this paperwork - and they are very meticulous in checking the ppwk

Thank you!

Help! I am taking my 18 yo grandson (same last name) on a southern Caribbean cruise in June. Do I need anything more than his passport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe 18 is legal age as an adult, with the exception of alcohol consumption.