Questions about Dining & Onboard Spending

EdmundXXIII

Hello,

I've sailed twice with Carnival before (Pride & Glory).

My family just booked a cruise to Bermuda on the Splendor for October, 2015. We are SUPER excited! :D

Three questions, if anyone here knows:

1) My wife and I have one booking number and my parents have a separate booking number. We booked at the same time, over the phone with my PVP. It doesn't indicate anywhere on the booking website that we will be sitting together in the main dining room. (We're late dining.) I assume that this is taken care of, but does anyone know if I have to do anything to link our bookings?

2) When you use a credit card for the onboard spending account, how much is the hold the place on the account when you sail?

3) If you use cash for the onboard spending account, is there a required amount?

Thanks!

Call back and ask them to link your booking numbers. Then you will definitely be seated together for dinner. I don't ever remember a specific hold amount on my card. I vaguely remember $100 but that is a little fuzzy. For a cash account, I believe you have to put down at least the cost of tips, but you can add to it as you wish.

I hope you have a fabulous cruise.:D