I'm putting my dancing shoes on!

Tomorrow I will be in single digits! This time next week, I'll be packed and ready to get on the plane to Texas which leaves on Thursday.

My sister will be picking me up from the airport and we'll spend a couple days shopping before we sail!

Be still feet.....it's not time yet!

Edited by luv2cruzfrmco

10 days for us also, aboard The Freedom, starting packing yesterday, got a list of the staples heading out this mourning to purchase. We will be driving to Florida from Maryland next Friday mourning early.

Me too! I'm soooo excited!

We have talked about taking this Hawaiian cruise with a group of coworkers (that I no longer work with) since 2009. It got pushed back a couple times due to health issues of some in our group. Last year as soon as this cruise was posted on Carnival's website we booked it within the week. This is the furthest out I have ever had to wait for a cruise.

Even though I've got quite a few cruises under my belt this is going to be a new experience. We have cruised out of Long Beach 1x before for a 3day cruise that we tacked onto another trip to Los Angeles. But this will be our 1st time really spending time on a ship in the Pacific instead of the Caribbean. Its a 16 night cruise and I'm really looking forward to that.

Its been a bit more of a challenge for packing because over the last few years we had given up on flying to cruise ports and have been driving. So I'm having to readjust how I pack my toiletries so they don't take them away from me in my carry on. I'm having to think about what is heaviest and trying to pack those items in my carry on so they aren't weighed. Plus, trying to pack clothes for more multi use since we'll be gone for so long. When I cruise the Caribbean I get quite sweaty and don't plan on rewearing most clothes. I've also been taking into consideration having clothes laundered on the ship is done in very hot water. I rarely wash anything but underwear, sheets and bedding in hot water, and I never put my clothes in the dryer. I'm feeling kinda overwhelmed with the packing details right now.

One week from today we'll head to a hotel by the airport where we got a park and fly package that was way cheaper than leaving our car at any of the parking garages near the airport. We'll fly out very early Friday morning and be in LA before noon.

I've got the words from the Pointers sisters song stuck in my head as I'm packing.

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it