Next Cruise Certificate

I just booked a cruise through RCI using a Next Cruise Certificate we purchased a couple years back. I have received my confirmation documentation.

My question is where would I see the OBC we are to get listed?

I am asking as I am thinking of switching the reservation to an online TA that is offering some great perks but want to make sure this OBC is attached before doing so.

Thanks

I just booked a cruise through RCI using a Next Cruise Certificate we purchased a couple years back. I have received my confirmation documentation.

I am asking as I am thinking of switching the reservation to an online TA that is offering some great perks but want to make sure this OBC is attached before doing so.

Thanks

It takes several days (sometimes a week or two) for the OBC to be applied to the booking. You can call them back in a week or so to confirm the OBC, and they can send you a new booking confirmation once the OBC shows up.

I think you have a good idea to get an accurate printout of your booking before you effect the transfer.

Thanks

The last few cruises we booked thru Royal using a Next Cruise Certificate that we purchased earlier onboard a cruise, the OBC was on the Booking Confirmation we received immediately after we booked. Right above the "Cancellation Schedule" there is a line called "Onboard Credits - Currency" that should tell you what your OBC is.

Tim

The last few cruises we booked thru Royal using a Next Cruise Certificate that we purchased earlier onboard a cruise, the OBC was on the Booking Confirmation we received immediately after we booked. Right above the "Cancellation Schedule" there is a line called "Onboard Credits - Currency" that should tell you what your OBC is.

Tim

Tim,

I see where you are saying but all it has is USD with no dollar amount.

Tim,

I see where you are saying but all it has is USD with no dollar amount.

Sorry. That's where it has been on all the Next Cruise Certificate bookings we've made and it was always there when we got the confirmation email.

I guess you can do what clarea (post 2) suggests but I still don't understand why the OBC didn't show up.

Tim

Sorry. That's where it has been on all the Next Cruise Certificate bookings we've made and it was always there when we got the confirmation email.

I guess you can do what clarea (post 2) suggests but I still don't understand why the OBC didn't show up.

Tim

OBC is determined by number of nights. When creating a NC booking, number of nights is not specified. You only do that when you convert and then the OBC is applied.

Edit: I misread your original post. I thought you were referring to getting the confirmation email after creating your NC and not after converting it.

Edited by cruisenfever

Called RCI last night...added it on and sent me new confirmation in minutes! Thanks,

Since you said that you converted a NC that you had from a couple of years ago, make sure that you got the correct OBC because the amounts have changed.

This is the current OBC available when converting an Open Booking:

OBC when Creating an Open Booking on board (effective 3/15/2014)

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days $25

8-10 days $50

11-14 days $75

15 + days $100

This is what it was prior to March 15, 2014:

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Edited by cruisenfever

Since you said that you converted a NC that you had from a couple of years ago, make sure that you got the correct OBC because the amounts have changed.

This is the current OBC available when converting an Open Booking:

OBC when Creating an Open Booking on board (effective 3/15/2014)

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days $25

8-10 days $50

11-14 days $75

15 + days $100

This is what it was prior to March 15, 2014:

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

We bought a NCC during our March 10-15 sailing on the Liberty. I tried to follow the "NCC Changes" thread, but it was very long and confusing by the time I saw it. Thank you for the summary.

Does this mean if you purchased your NCC before the 15th of March, you get the higher OBC? Or is it when you USE the NCC that determines how much OBC you get? I'm hoping it's when you purchased it, since we all bought them thinking we are getting $100OBC on a min 6-9 day cruise.

We bought a NCC during our March 10-15 sailing on the Liberty. I tried to follow the "NCC Changes" thread, but it was very long and confusing by the time I saw it. Thank you for the summary.

Does this mean if you purchased your NCC before the 15th of March, you get the higher OBC? Or is it when you USE the NCC that determines how much OBC you get? I'm hoping it's when you purchased it, since we all bought them thinking we are getting $100OBC on a min 6-9 day cruise.

If you purchased the NCC before 3/15/14, you should get the old (higher) OBC amounts whenever you decide to use the NCC.

Edited by clarea