Prices for the Ultimate Dining Package on various cruise lengths

TrumpyNor

I just came over the UDP prices for various cruise lengths (when booking online - the prices might be higher if you purchase the UDP on board):

Item # Description Price

UDP6 per person during cruises of 3 to 6 days $59.00

UDP7 per person during cruises of 7 days $119.00

UDP9 per person during cruises of 8 to 9 days $149.00

UDP10 per person during cruises of 10 to 15 days $199.00

UDP16 per person during cruises of 16 to 25 days $259.00

UDP26 per person during cruises of 26 to 35 days $299.00

UDP36 per person during cruises of 36 to 45 days $349.00

The above prices clearly shows that on some cruise lengths you save much more than other.... Seems to me it would be more fair if they calculated a certain price per day instead of the "block prices". Like it is now, somebody doing a 10 days cruise pay the same as somebody doing a 15 days cruise, and somebody doing a 16 days cruise pays the same as somebody doing 25 days, and so on....

(I posted this on a different thread earlier, but realized that it might be of interest to have the price information in it's own thread, so that is why I have posted it twice in case somebody wonders...)

Sorry to say but this matter has been beaten to the death, brought back to life and then again beaten to death in all various UDP related threads there has already been. (And yes, the price table can be found from ncl.com and before it was updated there, it has been posted here several times.)

Yes, it is not fair for some but for majority of cruises (7 nights) the daily price is quite okay.

Edited by Demonyte
Added link

There is nothing requiring one to partake of the UDP if they find the price not to their liking. I feel the same way about the Beer and Wine package. It's only $40 or so cheaper than the full package with hard liquor (instead of about the half price I think it should be). So I just don't buy it and drink 1 or 2 beers a night. No problem.

What's more interesting is that it's the same price no matter which restaurants you go to. If someone wanted to only do the Italian restaurant every night, they would lose money with the UDP. (based on a 7 night cruise). whereas someone who went to Cagney's every night would make out like a bandit!

Edited by Out to sea!

Sorry to say but this matter has been beaten to the death, brought back to life and then again beaten to death in all various UDP related threads there has already been. (And yes, the price table can be found from ncl.com and before it was updated there, it has been posted here several times.)

Sorry to say that even though you know something, that doesn't mean that everybody else knows the same - no matter how many times it has been posted on the CC NCL forum. If you don't want to read about it then just scroll past the post instead...

(And by 75 views so far, obviously some people wanted to see the prices).

Edited by TrumpyNOR

While your post was exceptionally well titled unlike many others here, even posts with nonsense titles and "delete" or "nevermind" in their (edited) body get a lot of opens, it has nothing to do with the content itself.

"....it is not fair"

I am really tired of seeing this from grown adults. Not everything in life is "fair". It is what it is. If they want to price it so that people over 6' 2" pay more than somebody else unless they were born in the spring or were from a state that ends in the letter "y", then can do it.

The pricing is the pricing.

The rules on rate changes are the rules.

The dates they offer the beverage package and do not are the dates.

The cost for the 3rd person is whatever they want it to be.

Geez.

"....it is not fair"

I am really tired of seeing this from grown adults. Not everything in life is "fair". It is what it is. If they want to price it so that people over 6' 2" pay more than somebody else unless they were born in the spring or were from a state that ends in the letter "y", then can do it.

Geez.

Bingo. You win the prize. :)

Sorry to say that even though you know something, that doesn't mean that everybody else knows the same - no matter how many times it has been posted on the CC NCL forum. If you don't want to read about it then just scroll past the post instead...

No some people wanted to see if you were asking what the prices were so they could answer for you. Search is your friend... :D

"....it is not fair"

Geez.

Well I think they should charge for a cruise by peoples weight.lol

First of all - I never stated that it is NOT FAIR, I wrote that I thought it would be MORE fair.......

I am sorry regarding that I posted something that obviously had been discussed here on the NCL forum numerous times. No need to be rude or making fun of me, I am just learning the "rules of the game" here - and I honestly didn't know... All though I have been a member on CC since 2012, up until a few weeks ago I had never been on the NCL forum pages - only on various roll calls. So I am still learning....

And yes - I have now learned that I better do a search before posting something in the forum, so that I don't "offend" anyone by repeating "stupid" questions and comments.

It will (hopefully) never happen again.... :p

I just came over the UDP prices for various cruise lengths (when booking online - the prices might be higher if you purchase the UDP on board):

Item # Description Price

The above prices clearly shows that on some cruise lengths you save much more than other.... Seems to me it would be more fair if they calculated a certain price per day instead of the "block prices". Like it is now, somebody doing a 10 days cruise pay the same as somebody doing a 15 days cruise, and somebody doing a 16 days cruise pays the same as somebody doing 25 days, and so on....

(I posted this on a different thread earlier, but realized that it might be of interest to have the price information in it's own thread, so that is why I have posted it twice in case somebody wonders...)

I just want to say thank you for this!

I asked a while back if someone could link me to the actual NCL page and all anyone would give me was ncl.com Well a few weeks ago I searched and just couldn't find this breakdown, so again Thank You

I just want to say thank you for this!

I asked a while back if someone could link me to the actual NCL page and all anyone would give me was ncl.com Well a few weeks ago I searched and just couldn't find this breakdown, so again Thank You

You're very welcome. :)

Well I think they should charge for a cruise by peoples weight.lol

I'm not sure about for cruises but I agree 100% when it comes to airplanes. Weigh the person and their luggage I say and price accordingly. More pounds equals more fuel. Come to think of it that's not such a bad idea for ships either!

Edited by Karysa

First of all - I never stated that it is NOT FAIR, I wrote that I thought it would be MORE fair.......

I am sorry regarding that I posted something that obviously had been discussed here on the NCL forum numerous times. No need to be rude or making fun of me, I am just learning the "rules of the game" here - and I honestly didn't know... All though I have been a member on CC since 2012, up until a few weeks ago I had never been on the NCL forum pages - only on various roll calls. So I am still learning....

And yes - I have now learned that I better do a search before posting something in the forum, so that I don't "offend" anyone by repeating "stupid" questions and comments.

It will (hopefully) never happen again.... :p

Personally I think that the way they are doing it is dumb and nonsensical. It worked for us for a seven day cruise and by skipping the Italian and Chinese/Asian restaurant we really feel that we are getting our money's worth. If I did not feel this way then I would not have booked it.

I am looking forward to the UDP on our upcoming Jade Cruise which is 7 nights and the package is $119 pp. It is a really good deal. I am familiar with the restaurants except Moderno, which is new since we were on last on NCL (2010). I am very impressed by the specialty restaurants on NCL - the higher priced ones like Le Bistro, Cagney's, and Teppanyaki. Looking forward to 7 nights of specialty restaurants every night - all booked and ready to eat :)

Item # Description Price

They already updated the price based on sailing dates:

Price per person during cruises of 3 days $59.00

Price per person during cruises of 4 days $74.00

Price per person during cruises of 5 days $89.00

Price per person during cruises of 6 days $104.00

Price per person during cruises of 7 days $119.00

Price per person during cruises of 8 days $134.00

Price per person during cruises of 9 days $149.00

Price per person during cruises of 10 days $164.00

Price per person during cruises of 11 days $179.00

Price per person during cruises of 12 days $194.00

Price per person during cruises of 13 days $209.00

Price per person during cruises of 14 days $224.00

Please call to find out pricing for sailings longer than 15 days.

They already updated the price based on sailing dates:

Price per person during cruises of 3 days $59.00

Price per person during cruises of 4 days $74.00

Price per person during cruises of 5 days $89.00

Price per person during cruises of 6 days $104.00

Price per person during cruises of 7 days $119.00

Price per person during cruises of 8 days $134.00

Price per person during cruises of 9 days $149.00

Price per person during cruises of 10 days $164.00

Price per person during cruises of 11 days $179.00

Price per person during cruises of 12 days $194.00

Price per person during cruises of 13 days $209.00

Price per person during cruises of 14 days $224.00

Please call to find out pricing for sailings longer than 15 days.

Thank you for the update! :)

And I must say, as someone booked on a 10 day sailing, this is more "fair", but even more importantly, make sense from a financial point of view. I will now consider booking it, where at $199 I wasn't. This is a good financial decision for both NCL and me, as they want to fill those restaurants and bring in some extra revenue for the space, and I want a bit of a price break while eating in the specialties. Wow a win/win! Doesn't happen often.

I think most sailing lengths are the same price (7 day) or better, but those on 14 day sailings are probably wishing they had booked already...

$199 for a 10 night was not interesting before but I'm more willing to pay the 164. Anyone know if when you buy the UDP you can book the restaurants online or do you have to wait until you are on board? I already have a reservation for embarkation day (our anniversary) and I don't want to lose it. :(

$199 for a 10 night was not interesting before but I'm more willing to pay the 164. Anyone know if when you buy the UDP you can book the restaurants online or do you have to wait until you are on board? I already have a reservation for embarkation day (our anniversary) and I don't want to lose it. :(

You can start booking the specialty restaurants 45 days prior to sailing.

"....it is not fair"

Geez.

BAM!!!:cool::p

1 - People whined when the prices were set by ranges of cruise length rather than priced specifically for each cruise length.

2 - NCL listened and initiated pricing by specific cruise length.

3 - People are whining that NCL is pricing by specific cruise length.

Therefore...

1 - People just love to whine no matter what!