Flights

canyonde63

My wife and I are taking our first cruise with Norwegian cruise lines to Rome. We were able to download our E docs today! Everything is in there except for flight information, we booked our flight from the cruise line and we will be flying American Airlines to Rome and Delta Air Lines back to the states. My question is: how do we check in for our flight if we don’t have any flight information? Will that be in a separate e-mail? Do I need to call the airline directly? Or do I need to call the cruise line?

Edited by canyonde63

I can't answer about the flights, but I believe you may be able to leave the ship after embarking.

However, you aren't going to be able to do much in 5 hours in Rome. It is quite a way into the city from the port. You would likely only have a couple of hours there, and would be cutting it fine for getting back onboard on time.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider it.

The cruiseline just serves as a reservation agent for your flight. They don't manage it, check you in, etc. Call NCL and get your flight information, including the Airline's reservation (flight locator) number. You'll be able to look it up at AA.com, select seats, etc. At the bottom of the main page you'll see a selection for "My Trips/Check In". That's where you'll put your name and record locator number Also, you'll be able to check in at AA.com 24 hours before your flight and print your boarding passes.

I don't know the answer to your other question, but I've never noticed any personnel manning a disembarkation station once the ship starts boarding. Maybe I just didn't notice. Also, you won't generally be able to get to your room until 2pm or so don't count on being able to leave your bags in your room.

How about trying this...

Give your luggage to the porter when you arrive at the ship, keeping only a backpack or purse with your essentials, then go do any sight seeing, then get back to the ship by 4:30. Not sure about distances and what you can see in that time (I think the city is quite a ways from the port), but maybe that's a better approach than boarding and then getting off the ship

Edited by sdmike

I did forget that the port is quite a way from Rome, but the flight thing has me pretty confused, the e-docs show what flight i'll be on and what Airline on my itinerary but doesnt have any info for me to check in for my flights or where my layovers will be or gate info or anything like that

Did you also book a transfer to the port with your cruise and flights? It's a long way to the port from Rome, you have to figure out how you're getting there. Once you're there, you won't be going back to Rome. The port area (Civitavecchia) is cute, you can easily have a wander along the waterfront and around the main area.

As for the flights, I'd check your initial booking emails. Usually you get a PDF attachment and that should show a reference number in the part that lists your flights. You may have to call each airline though to get THEIR reference number in order to pick seats and check in online.

Get your flight and reservation number for each flight. Then go online and book your seats, or change them if something looks better.

Sorry to hear you are flying in the same day as the cruise. Going to Rome is a long flight and stuff happens. And or course, it would be great to spend a full day there.

Sorry to hear you are flying in the same day as the cruise. Going to Rome is a long flight and stuff happens. And or course, it would be great to spend a full day there.

I echo this. The ship won't wait for you if your flights are delayed, and a lot can go wrong between Texas and Italy. OP - If flying the day before is an option, consider it. It would give you some cushion for flight delays, and give you some time in the city

Ok I ended up calling NCL and got it all straightened out, has anyone ever run in to an issue where one of your flights has no seats? I had to pay $16 on AA for 2 seats!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums