Couple of newbie questions!

btfly745

Hi all, I've booked our first cruise for this October and already looking to book for May 2015 as well. That's where the questions come in.

I've read on here about booking onboard for the $100 OBC. Is that per cabin, I would need 2 cabins again.

Also, I really want to book my May 2015 cruise, only this early to try to get a cabana at HMC booked now as well. How soon do cabanas sell out, I'd be looking at the last week of May. Is there a way I can look online to see if the cabanas are still available before I book?

Is there a way to book the May 2015 cruise now and still get some kind of OBC?

Hi all, I've booked our first cruise for this October and already looking to book for May 2015 as well. That's where the questions come in.

I've read on here about booking onboard for the $100 OBC. Is that per cabin, I would need 2 cabins again.

Also, I really want to book my May 2015 cruise, only this early to try to get a cabana at HMC booked now as well. How soon do cabanas sell out, I'd be looking at the last week of May. Is there a way I can look online to see if the cabanas are still available before I book?

Welcome to cruising. I hope you love it as much as we do. I'll try to answer questions as I can. It is true if you book a cruise while on board, you are eligible for OBC. The amount depends on the length of the cruise. If you are booking a 7 day, you will get the $100 OBC when booking aboard a cruise.

Since your cruise isn't until 2015, you won't be able to book your cabana until the excursions are loaded for 2015. I suggest watching Cruise Critic closely to see when they available. I've found someone posts on here as soon as they see the new excursions loaded.

To book for 2015, I can't think of anyway you can get OBC. However, if you book Early Saver, you can apply for OBC every time the rate drops. There is a form to fill out and if the price is lower, they will give you OBC.

Good luck and welcome to cruising. There are many nice people here who love to help fellow cruisers.

I would just call Carnival and ask. If you don't like the answer, then try calling later to get another agent. I have done this several times myself and got different answers.

I think the best deal really is the "Early Saver" fare which comes with OBC if the price drops between the time you book and the time you sail. But you have to watch the prices and there is a form to fill out and email on the Carnival Website. We ended up getting $750 OBC doing this on our last cruise. Booked late this time so no such luck there.

Just give them a call IMHO. :)

Welcome to cruising. I hope you love it as much as we do. I'll try to answer questions as I can. It is true if you book a cruise while on board, you are eligible for OBC. The amount depends on the length of the cruise. If you are booking a 7 day, you will get the $100 OBC when booking aboard a cruise.

Since your cruise isn't until 2015, you won't be able to book your cabana until the excursions are loaded for 2015. I suggest watching Cruise Critic closely to see when they available. I've found someone posts on here as soon as they see the new excursions loaded.

To book for 2015, I can't think of anyway you can get OBC. However, if you book Early Saver, you can apply for OBC every time the rate drops. There is a form to fill out and if the price is lower, they will give you OBC.

Good luck and welcome to cruising. There are many nice people here who love to help fellow cruisers.

Well thanks, I certainly didn't know the excursions opened up at a certain date. I somehow figured they would open when I'm able to book the cruise. I'll have to watch out for that.

I would just call Carnival and ask. If you don't like the answer, then try calling later to get another agent. I have done this several times myself and got different answers.

I think the best deal really is the "Early Saver" fare which comes with OBC if the price drops between the time you book and the time you sail. But you have to watch the prices and there is a form to fill out and email on the Carnival Website. We ended up getting $750 OBC doing this on our last cruise. Booked late this time so no such luck there.

Just give them a call IMHO. :)

Thanks. I'll have to keep checking fares for my October cruise as well. Is there an easy way to do that?

Also, what do you do with that much OBC? Would they possibly give you cash back at the end of the cruise if you don't use that much?

Thanks. I'll have to keep checking fares for my October cruise as well. Is there an easy way to do that?

Also, what do you do with that much OBC? Would they possibly give you cash back at the end of the cruise if you don't use that much?

If you don't use all of your OBC, they will give you a check at the end of the cruise. I've only had that happen a couple of times.:D

FYI, the booking bonus is based on the trip you book...

2-5 nights $50

6 nights $75

7-9 $100

10+ $200

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you don't use all of your OBC, they will give you a check at the end of the cruise. I've only had that happen a couple of times.:D

You can use it to pay gratuities. We've never had extra.... I suppose it's possible. The trip we are taking Saturday 9-day Dream relocation) is a 9 day trip, gratuities alone will eat up my$200 booking bonus (they were offering a special when we booked).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

See if the ship you are on in October has a Future Cruise Desk. If so and you book a 7 day you will get $100 OBC and 2 friends/family vouchers for $100 OBC. If you are going to be booking a 2nd cabin so you can get the OBC for it too. The vouchers can only be used on the same cruise.

You can check the following website to see if your rates have dropped

http://www.carnival.com/bookingengine/fareviewer

Also if you are looking for deals with OBC just watch the Carnival website and watch the Cruise Deals link at the top of the page. Unfortunately you are not a past guest yet (sometimes rates are better for past guests). But they have specials like summer fun or pack and go that include OBC. You could take your chance and book in October for March and get OBC, but may not have as many choices for rooms.