Camp Carnival on Miracle

MaiTaiMary

We are looking into a cruise for next fall. This will be our first time traveling with the kids. They will be 7, 8, and 10. :D

I'm trying to find out more information on Camp Carnival. What kind of activities will they have for these ages? The 7 and 8 year old will be together, but not the 10 year old, correct?

Is there some kind of newsletter that shows what activities are offered at CC?

Do they keep the kids for lunch and/or dinner?

Does it shut down at some point during the day?

Does anybody have pictures (or a link to where I can find them) to the specific Camp Carnival on the Miracle? I remember seeing in one on the Spirit and thinking it was very small and dark.

Thank you! :)

We are looking into a cruise for next fall. This will be our first time traveling with the kids. They will be 7, 8, and 10. :D

I'm trying to find out more information on Camp Carnival. What kind of activities will they have for these ages? The 7 and 8 year old will be together, but not the 10 year old, correct?

Does anybody have pictures (or a link to where I can find them) to the specific Camp Carnival on the Miracle? I remember seeing in one on the Spirit and thinking it was very small and dark.

We haven't been on Carnival for years (2002 when our kid was 4), but you will get a day-by-day schedule (for us, it was when we went to sign her up, so I don't know if that's the same or if they started to do like Princess and put the packet in your cabin on the first day).

You can get info on the program itself on the Carnival website. It'll have the normal breakdown of groups by ages and hours of operation. Maybe someone has some recent schedules to give you an idea of activities. There's usually games, arts and crafts, kids' movies, video games, cookie decorating. They don't take your kids to the pools, so you'll be in charge of supervising any pool time. Usually they want you to take your kids to the MDR/buffet, etc. to eat meals, but in the past, there's been kids' dinners in the buffet so that parents can enjoy an adults' meal. When we went on Carnival, you drop off your kid and then after the kids eat, the staff will take your kids to the kids' area for the evening activities.

Hopefully you're going when there's a lot of kids (and not when school is in session) as there's more a chance your kids will find friends their age.

I took my 6 and 7 year old grandsons on the Miracle last summer. They loved it we were on a Alaska cruise. I am trying to remember all that happened lets see what I can remember. :) They did lots of stuff as a group such as mini golf, whale watching from the lido deck, whenever there was a stage show they took the kids as for dinner they had a roped off section in the buffet where they had kid fun food and then after dinner they went back to the camp. They had a couple late night parties that cost extra the 7 year old went to those he loved them and got some really cute things. They had a talent show, he did that too. They had dance contest, watched movies, did crafts, I cant remember everything that they did. They have a schedule that you get on the first day so then you can pick out what you want to do. Just to sum things up this was the 7 year olds 3rd cruise 1st one was carnival he was only 4 and wouldn't go to the camp. He thought he might miss something if he left his mama;) his 2nd cruise was Disney when he was 6 he went to their camp one time hated it he said it as for babies and then this cruise he loved it I had a hard time getting him to want to leave camp. As for the 6 year old this was his second cruise he was 3 on his 1st and didn't go to camp and on this one he went to camp and had fun just not as much fun as his cousin but he is asking to go on another carnival cruise.

We used Camp for our pre-schooler a few months back on Miracle so I'll try to answer your questions.

On the first day there is "orientation" where you can fill out paperwork and will also get a schedule of activities for the week.

People have posted various scans of the activity sheet on the board, maybe do a search for one. It changes slightly, but at least it will give you an idea.

Some things I remember off the top of my head include scavenger hunt for the 10 and ups, video games, dance party, candy or cupcake decorating, talent show, karaoke, build a bear, T shirts, glow stick party, olympics...some of those had additional fees.

Yes the 10 year old will be in a different group, but sometimes they combine the groups.

They close for lunch except if you are on a shore excursion.

They have specific times when you can choose to drop off for dinner which is held in a roped off area of the lido buffet.

The schedule changes daily and in fact is most people's biggest complaint about camp. Some days you can drop off at 8, and others not until 10. Some days they are closed 11-1, others 12-1, some 12:30-4, etc... The only thing that is consistent is after I believe 10:30 you pay extra for night owls.

There are very, very few photos as they are not allowed when kids are present. I was able to find about 2 through Google, and I may have 1 in my Miracle review below? Can't remember, but I wrote a paragraph or 2 about camp.

The rooms are TINY and depending on the number of kids, they will hold Camp in other locations though out the ship.

Our cruise had under 200 kids under age 18 and they still held the 6-8 year olds group in alternate locations many times. 1 day I saw the kids doing a T Shirt decorating activity in the Frankenstein Dance Club.

Kids seemed to be having fun, I'm sure yours will enjoy it.

Edited by Lerin

Three years ago I took my DD then (9) and DS (5). They loved camp carnival. Some of the things I remember them telling me about was a dance off, watching movies, playing games. They loved the interaction with the councilers and the other kids. The only thing that bothered me was they would tell my 5 year old that if he came back after hours that they were gonna watch the chipmonks. (or insert anything fun a five year old might like to do) So of course after camp carnival closes they charge a fee. Not a large one but still. They would get my 5 year old siked up to do something and then since it was his vacation too we would let him go to be babysat even though we wouldn't stay out late enough to need babysitting services. They also did this with the build a bear. they told him about it so we gave in and let him do it. and hes looking forward to doing it next time too. I guess im trying to say....expect them to come back wanting to go back for the babysitting.

They are not supervised during scavenger hunt, as I understand it. The first time, we didnt let our 10 year old grandson sign himself in and out, and he didnt get to do the scavenger hunt, which he had been looking forward to. We felt terrible! Since then, we have allowed them to sign themselves in and out, and it has worked out well. They LOVE Camp Carnival and now, the older groups. In fact, on the last two, they have even had their own excursions with the group (snorkling, biking and hiking in the Carribean). They are 15, 13, and 11 now, and that is the first place they go on the ship on Day 1.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 3