A question about The Thomson Celebration from a Nerd!

Okay, well to me, it is very useful to have internet access on my holiday for many reasons - FaceTime, blogs, photos etc Some might wish to it shun it completely which is completely understandable.

But I have read in a recent review that The Celebration does have wi-fi access to the internet.

Does anyone know how much this costs and how well it works?

Many thanks

Kev

Edited by Dysongs
Wished to change context

I was only there a few weeks ago, but I can't remember the exact figures! It was something like £5 for 1/2 hour, £10 for 1 hour, £15 for 2 hours - you can use a few minutes at a time over the course of your holiday.

You can use it in Liberties, the coffee port & library (which also has computers you can use) and I can't remember which of the other lounges.

It's not superfast, but it was quick enough for me. And simple to use - you choose the amount of minutes you want to buy, and charge it to your onboard account, and then you just log in with your surname, dob and cabin number so you don't have to remember a password :)

Have a good holiday!

Haven't used it myself but most people on here recommend using the free wifi to be found in cafes and bars around the port areas. Apparently the crew know all the best places in each port as they use it themselves at each stop to keep in touch with family back home.

We used WI FI on Thomson last year and found it very slow and clunky to use, using the free one found in almost all bars and restaurants around the port was much faster and easier. We face-timed our children when ashore using the local WI FI it was a great way to keep in touch and let them see what we were up to:D:D There was never a wait to use the ships service and there enough computers in the library

Have a good cruise.

The wifi on the Dream was pretty poor and I wouldn't pay to use it again. I sopent a fair bit of money on it but didn't really get that much use out of it. Most of the time seemed to be used up in logging in and out.

Agree with others the free wifi in port was so much faster and that is the way I will go in the future or alternatively and more likely, not bother at all.

The wifi on the Dream was pretty poor and I wouldn't pay to use it again. I sopent a fair bit of money on it but didn't really get that much use out of it. Most of the time seemed to be used up in logging in and out.

Agree with others the free wifi in port was so much faster and that is the way I will go in the future or alternatively and more likely, not bother at all.

We don't bother - it's lovely to completely 'switch off' for 2 weeks!!!

I don't know if it changed since last year but my wife used the wifi on board the ship, can't remember the cost but you can buy a package and as long as you remember to log off you can go on for a few mins at a time to check e mails ect . But I remember it was not very fast and if the crew use the same wifi it won't be good enough for Skype or video calls which they like to use when calling home so in that respect I think they probably still use the bars when they get into port ,now days most bars and cafés have free wi you just need to buy a drink.

Sent from my iPad using Forums