How do you choose a stateroom?

sjde

Its all about personal preference

If I am sailing in a haven category i prefer to be in the actual haven

If i am in a suite i prefer forward

If i am in a balcony cabin i prefer aft

Cheers!!

We prefer Aft but please take this advice, stay away from the 13/14 decks. The noise from above is awful! We were on 9 prior and it was excellent. We plan to go Haven next!

I, like you, enjoy a balcony cabin. I look for a cabin located on a deck that has guest cabins above and below; as opposed to restaurants, lounges, pools, etc.. I try not to be too close to the elevator to avoid the noise of the elevator itself and the people talking as the come and go in and out and the from the steps that are typically across from the elevator. And I will go for either the middle of the ship for a steady ride or aft-facing for the view. That's my planning process.

Edited by Seafan22

We found a cabin that works for us on the Jewel class, and will book that same cabin across that class. We have learned a few lessons along the way, what works and doesn't for us, so we will always try to be in about the same spot.

We are port side sailors - just by the luck of the draw getting started, and we go with what we know.

Look at it this way, try a few cruises, see what you like and don't, and decide from there. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

We use to always ask for the least expensive inside cabin. Then we got a balcony. Have not had an inside cabin since.

How we select a cabin:

Price

Prefer midway up the ship

Prefer port side (I use to smoke and that was the smoking side)

Prefer aft area NOT next to a stairway or an elevator

Prefer to avoid a cabin under the pool deck (had one and it was noisy)

We love the aft penthouse cabins, but for our British Isles and hopefully the TA back to Miami, we will be in an SJ suite with the floor-to-ceiling windows. I am so worried that I will miss the balcony. Has anyone made that switch and been happy about it... or not?:confused: