Book odd number of guests in specialty restaurant in advance?

JayinAZ

Anyone know if NCL allows you to book an odd number of guests in advance for a specialty restaurant? I will be on Pearl in 49 days so the reservations will be opening up soon. This will be my 4th time on the ship to Alaska and each time I have been unable to book my party of 3 at Teppanyaki for anything other than the first dining time of 5:30p. Calling NCL to get it fixed was no easy task and way too time consuming and frustrating.

Just curious if they ever got it fixed.

For our Getaway cruise next week, I jumped online exactly at midnight as day 45 began. I was able to book tables for 5 at Moderno, Le Bistro, and Teppanyaki at 7:30 p.m. La Cucina was only available at 6:00 p.m. for a party of 5, and Cagney's and Ocean Blue weren't available at any time for that size party.

I went ahead and booked a party of 4 at Ocean Blue, assuming that I could call customer service and change it to 5. I was wrong. I tried twice over a two-week period and was told both times that the NCL reps only had access to the same reservations I could see when logging in.

We plan to change the Ocean Blue reservation from 4 to 5, and book tables for 5 at Cagney's and La Cucina, as soon as we board.

Edited by Beth 2001

Sounds like the booking odd numbers carried over to the onboard TV's on the getaway as well. I wouldn't bother trying to use the TV's they placed all over to view the schedules and book dining/entertainment. We tried to book 3 for cagneys and got one very late time. We went to the reservation area in the atrium and they had many seats right at 530. We got there and the place was empty.

Just book when you board it will take 2 min.

That's what we did last time, however the time we wanted wasn't available. Teppanyaki seems to be very popular and the restaurant is so small. I was just hoping NCL fixed it by now. Eh, whatever. Not a deal breaker, just a little annoyance.

You can't book an odd number for Teppanyaki ahead of time. All of the other specialties you can. I think it has to do with the way Teppanyaki seats.

Yes you can..I did it as a solo pax and had no problem. I booked only a few days ahead so had to swap for an earlier time once aboard but had times I liked at all other specialties when I booked ahead.

Hi, I am on the 5/18 Breakaway sailing. I made my reservations tonight and I was annoyed by the same problem because there are 3 of us in my party. Turns out that the problem was just that I couldn't book for 3 at the date/time combo that I wanted. When I changed dates I was able to book 8 PM slots for 3 for Le Bistro, La Cucina, Moderno, and Cagney's and a 7:30 PM slot for Ocean Blue. So play with the date option a bit and you may be successful. Laurie

Sounds like the booking odd numbers carried over to the onboard TV's on the getaway as well. I wouldn't bother trying to use the TV's they placed all over to view the schedules and book dining/entertainment. We tried to book 3 for cagneys and got one very late time. We went to the reservation area in the atrium and they had many seats right at 530. We got there and the place was empty.

Thanks for the warning - I had planned to use one of the TV screens to book as soon as we get on board. Is the restaurant reservations area part of Guest Services or just nearby in the atrium? Alternatively, can you just go straight to the restaurant itself and book?

Thanks for the warning - I had planned to use one of the TV screens to book as soon as we get on board. Is the restaurant reservations area part of Guest Services or just nearby in the atrium? Alternatively, can you just go straight to the restaurant itself and book?

On the far left of the Guest Services desk is where you can book the specialty restaurants.

Tracy

• 2 weeks later...
Just booked my odd-sized party of 3 at Teppanyaki with no problems. (But this was minutes after booking opened. Maybe that makes a difference?)

I was only able to get the first dining time of 5:30pm when booking for 3 at Teppanyaki on Pearl. Did you get a time other than that?

I was only able to get the first dining time of 5:30pm when booking for 3 at Teppanyaki on Pearl. Did you get a time other than that?

Yes. We are 6:15, which was about what we wanted. I didn't pay much attention to the other times available, but there was a lot. I remember seeing 7:30 for sure.

Edited by LrgPizza

Yes. We are 6:15, which was about what we wanted. I didn't pay much attention to the other times available, but there was a lot. I remember seeing 7:30 for sure.

Lucky! You must not be on the Pearl cause they dont have yaki at 15 mins after the hour. Hopefully I can change my time when I board in just 37 days!!