Laptops on board????

I'm sure this topic has ben discussed, but my computer is acting up today and I can't seem to get to the archives page.

Can you take a laptop on the ship? Is there a place in your cabin to hook it up? How much is it to use?

I know they have an area on the ship where you can use their computers and it'sa bout a doller a minute (?) , but I was wondering if I could take my own.

We're sailing the Rhapsody this weekend. Any info would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance. :)

It is different on each ship and I suggest you call RCI.

At one time they had a flat fee of 100 for the week for access from your stateroom. This was fabulous! Then it went up and I heard away. But I did not check this last cruise.

I bring my laptop and find a cafe in port. I refuse to pay their by the minutes fees.

I have never sailed Rhapsody but I thought the laptop connections (inroom) were only on Voyager and Radiance class ships. I could be wrong though...just wanted to let you know you should check out the specific ship. In April it was still $100 per week and the cost in the public area for their computers was 50 cents per minute.

i sailed Explorer in May of this year, and internet access was available on your laptop via a wireless connection.

$100 for the whole trip unlimited would have been well worth it, but i didn't see or hear about that option when i was signing up... if you pay minute by minute, it's $.50/per minute, and it's extremely slow so it makes the time fly by.. you can also buy them in packages, i think i bought an hour for around $25..

you take your seapass card to the online computers area (open and available 24 hours) and swipe it... it will allow you to create a username and password to use to connect to the wireless connection with.. once you have a username and password, there's no point in using their computers anymore, as the price is the same either way..

http://www.mycruisepictures.com for review and pictures.

From RCCL´s website:

Is Internet access available from the ship?

Yes, royalcaribbean online allows guests to access e-mail and the Internet for a small fee. The following ships offer internet access in your stateroom using a Cyber Stateroom hookup that is available for rental while onboard: Adventue of the Seas®, Brilliance of the Seas®, Explorer of the Seas®, Jewel of the Seas®, Mariner of the Seas®, Navigator of the SeasSM, Radiance of the Seas®, Serenade of the Seas®, and Voyager of the Seas®.

Archived