NCL Cabin Question

mommiejaxx

We will be sailing on the Getaway in October with my son who is 17 and his friend who is 18. They are rooming together in an Inside room but since they are under 21 we are putting my husband in the inside and one of the boys in my room for the sake if the booking rules. But when on board switching it back as our rep at NCL told us to do that. My question is, how will the room keys work since my husband will be booked in the inside and one of the boys will be booked in my room. Will we have a problem with this onboard? Sorry if that's confusing. I was a little concerned but was assured this is fine to do by our PCC. Thanks!

You will have to go to guest services and request an extra cabin key for each of the rooms. No actual person will be assigned to the key, so when your husband charges anything, it will be tallied on your sons room, and vice versa. Other than that, there are no issues. Make sure all keys are carried at all times when leaving the ship. If you bring the wrong one, then it gets complicated!

Whole process takes about 1 minute!

Far from caring who is where, once you are on board just tell them who is where. They want to make certain for safety reasons that you have the right life jackets and muster stations together. As long as the teenagers aren't causing issues for anyone else I doubt you'll hear anything but "how can we help you" from the staff.