Easy Mixing

Templetong

What are some easy drink mixes I can make with my Bon Voyage Rum and Tequila? What is a good mixer ingredient I can bring along in my carry-on? Obviously I am looking for something simple and easy to bring/make.

Pineapple Juice for the Rum (Dole makes a 6 pack of cans that are very easy to bring on the ship), in the mornings go to the Lido and get the Guava? Mango? Orange juice. Coke is also good. :D

Cranberry juice for the tequila. or just order Lemon slices and do shots. Or just get orange juice from the Lido. Or Grapefruit juice (I think you can get this in the MDR... for breakfast). Tequila is better to drink with a citrus based drink, IMO.

Guava juice is good with rum in the mornings. I usually bring a water bottle and fill it from a cup and keep it inn my room fridge. Oj is always good with some tequila.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Crystal light sticks that you mix with 20 oz of water. Take up little room and are easy to mix in a water bottle. The Target brand of these are good as well. They even have cocktail- themed flavors like mojito, cosmopolitan, and margarita.

Crystal light sticks that you mix with 20 oz of water. Take up little room and are easy to mix in a water bottle. The Target brand of these are good as well. They even have cocktail- themed flavors like mojito, cosmopolitan, and margarita.

This! Love these for mixers :D So easy to pack.

Tequila:

Margarita drink mix powder packets from Target (sweet) or BajaBob.com (sour)

Crystal Light or other brand orange drink mixes

Rum:

Coke is simple, bring 12 packs aboard and resupply from port if need be.

Various fruit flavor drink mix packets work well also.

I like to use MIO and Crystal Light mixers. They both come in a variety of flavors and take up very little space in the carry on.

Those Crystal Light powders gave me the worst heartburn and I don't typically get heartburn with my cast iron stomach.

We now use the water enhancers (MIO, etc.) and find they work much better.

I have also brought on a bottle of margarita mix for my tequila but the water enhancers are much lighter to pack.

Those Crystal Light powders gave me the worst heartburn and I don't typically get heartburn with my cast iron stomach.

We now use the water enhancers (MIO, etc.) and find they work much better.

I have also brought on a bottle of margarita mix for my tequila but the water enhancers are much lighter to pack.

Sorry I should have been clearer about the Crystal Light. They make a liquid like the Mio that is what I recommend not the powder. I brought powders on our first cruise and they just made a mess. The liquids on the other hand are awesome.

I brought powders on our first cruise and they just made a mess.

The bottles of liquid are great, I've had no trouble carrying them aboard or in airline carry-on when in with my toiletries.

The trick with the powders (to avoid a mess) is have a coke or water bottle to mix them up in, then pour the quantity needed for your mixed drink into whatever cup you're using for that. No muss no fuss this way.

I can't speak to gastric issues from the powders, never had any problems.

Last cruise I got the soda card which you can use to get juice from bars . I like a glass of half orange and half pineapple juice

Sent from my MB886 using Forums mobile app

I drink that every morning at home. That indeed is delicious.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app