Carnival Valor May11, 2014

sweetpea63

What are the best snorkel excursions in St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and St. Maarten?
You should go to Valor May 14 roll call and ask there.

We just came back and enjoyed a couple of pretty good snorkel days. In St Thomas we went to Coki Beach and the snorkeling was pretty good right off the beach. Plenty of fish along with some coral to see. I would rate the water clarity a 10. In St Lucia we booked an excursion through Island Divers to go to Ti Kaye resort. It includes lunch, 2 drinks, chairs, and umbrella on the beach. There is excellent snorkeling over on the right side near the rocks and extends as far out down that side as you want to swim. We also saw a lot of different fish there along with some coral and large boulders under water. I would rate the water clarity a 9. We enjoyed both days and would definitely go to either one again.

What are the best snorkel excursions in St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and St. Maarten?

Several people have shared their plans for snorkel excursions on the roll call. I think we are still looking for two more for Mystic Man tours in St. Lucia. We did this tour last year and had a great day. We usually use the port information section on CC and also tripadvisor together to narrow down our choices for port activities and have always had good luck.

I've done both Calabeza and Silvermoon in Barbados and highly recommend either of them. Very nice Catamaran with food and drinks along with great snorkeling.

I'm going back with Calebeza in February. For either of them if interested check very, very early. I took the last two slots with Calebeza and that was 11months out. She only takes 12. Silvermoon has a 12 and 24 person catamaran if I remember right. Very class acts.

Another favorite I've done 3 times and probably will repeat in an is in

St. Maarten. Captain Alan 3 island Snorkel.

http://www.captainalan.com/

Captain Alan's is a basic speed boat, takes about 6 people and for some reason is one of most enjoyable snorkel trips I do even though not lots of luxury or extras. I love ending with them on the Southern Itinerary. No drinks except water and now they do serve some basic food but mostly it is just the fun of jumping over the waves with my feet hooked under the bar at the front of the ship with some pretty good snorkeling. Great captains, Have been with both Capt Paul and Francois and both were wonderful. Fun snorkeling and just basically a good time. Have done both the 4 and the 6 hour and either are great.

St. Kitts and St. Lucia aren't know for their snorkeling. I am looking for other options but loved visiting Clay Villa in St. Kitts with a island tour and have done both Cosol and Herold on St. Lucia who do great island tours but wanting something different next year.

St. Thomas is lovely but have done mainly island tours there and looking for a good sail next years trip.

Have a great time, this is a awesome itinerary. Just back from the Western which was nice but I really really missed my Southern ports, so booked it while on the Conquest and just as excited as I was the first 3 times:D