Booking advice

Hi all! I am looking to book the dec 1st sailing on quantum. As of now for a balcony room for two it's about 5,650$. I was wondering if I should wait to book or if prices will stay around this price.

Also, any suggestions on what floor to be on or good rooms to book are great!!

It's possible that prices may come down after final payment, just don't know since it's a new ship. As of now, all those balconies did go up $1000pp and more since they opened up the sailings on May 28 2013. The difference in $$$$ now, could be another vacation for many.

The balcony price for the 10 Nighter in January went up about $200pp, not bad, considering the 11 Nighter went up at least $1000pp. with one extra night.

As far as what deck to stay on, if you have children, maybe Deck 12 which has the Adventure Ocean for kids and teen and the teen disco is on Deck 14 & 15. If no children and your time will be spent by the Pool or the Solarium on Deck 14, Deck 12 will also be a good choice, just 2 flights up.

Regarding which rooms are great, don't know, this is new to all of us. We are still waiting for the full layout on some of these rooms. Book whatever room is in your comfort zone and what your budget would allow.

If your prone to seasickness, stay mid ship on lower decks.

We booked the 1/23/15 Quantum, DO balcony, last June. Since then the price has increased $400pp. We decided on the less expensive obstructed view balcony only because in January out of NY we'd be using it less than the 10 days of the cruise.

Your options might be limited as to location. You might find more aft/forward staterooms available than mid. We paid less than $3000 for the two of us last June plus we have a $150 OBC. At the price you are considering there are probably other options/ports. With this being a brand new ship I'm not sure if you will find any significant price reductions.

Edited by martyap