Liberty or Breeze?

tlreze

I have not been on Carnival in 10+ yrs. Thinking of trying it again since the prices are so low compared to RCL and NCL. Can anyone let me know the differences between Liberty and the Breeze? Is there much difference?

I have not been on Carnival in 10+ yrs. Thinking of trying it again since the prices are so low compared to RCL and NCL. Can anyone let me know the differences between Liberty and the Breeze? Is there much difference?

Liberty is my favorite ship so far, I'm trying the Breeze next month. Breeze is quite a bit bigger and has most of the 2.0 options. It doesn't have the EA Sports bar and the Alchemy bar which are 2 that I can think of right off. Liberty has those. Breeze has a few other pay restaurants, but they have Fat Jimmys BBQ. Liberty only has the steakhouse as a pay restaurant. Breeze has the newer sports square which has the waterpark and the ropes course.

Those are a few of the differences and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. That said I think you;d be fine with either ship depending on what you are looking for.

Breeze has a much better waterpark, plus the ropes course, 4D theater (at an extra cost), the free pasta bar at lunch. Liberty has far superior entertainment, as Breeze's shows are quite sad. It depends on what is more important to you: the nighttime entertainment or the daytime activities. If both are equally important, go with the Liberty, as she does still have a nice waterslide and plenty of activities going on.

It depends on what you are looking for. If you have children with you or enjoy stuff like waterslides, arcades, and 4D theatres, then the Breeze. For a couple looking for entertainment in the evenings or to socialize with other cruisers, the Liberty.

The Liberty wins for me personally. The Breeze was nice, but once you got past the "bells and whistles" like the ropes course, waterpark, different restaurants, etc..... the cruise felt a bit impersonal. The crew is great, very nice people, but stretched to the max with the number of people onboard. There are a lot of great things about the Breeze, but it's just too big of a ship for me.

I really enjoy the atmosphere on the Conquest class ships like the Liberty. The promenade is great for people watching, roaming from lounge to lounge, the Alchemy bar is a great spot, you can get a seat for adult comedy unlike on the Breeze, and the evening entertainment is great usually.

we won't really use the water park, just like to bake in the sun during the day but definetly care about the night life.

Thanks or the differences so far, it will help us make a decision

Having sailed both ships, my opinion is that Breeze is the better choice. One of my favorite aspects is that the aft (back) deck is wide open to the sun, the sea, and the breeze. Great place to hang out and catch rays.

Liberty is my least favorite ship. We've sailed her twice and never again. The adult pool deck is recessed into the back of the ship and made me feel very claustrophobic. We love moving our deck chairs with the sun. Couldn't do that at the back pool on Liberty because there was no room.

There are lots of other reasons I'd sail Breeze again in a heartbeat but not Liberty, even if it was free, but those are quite subjective.

We just made this choice.

We had sailed on Carnival twice before and were not been impressed. After our last Carnival cruise five years ago, I swore I would never go on another one.

I got a great deal and thought I would try it.

I sailed on Carnival Breeze in Sept. It was a great ship. I had an amazing time. If our first two Carnival cruises would of been like this, I would of never sailed on other lines.

My family decided to book a last minute cruise for Easter. It was between the Breeze and Liberty. My teens choose Liberty because it was a 7 night instead of 6 night. Plus, it was $500 cheaper.

I can't wait to until we go next week. I have read great reviews about Liberty. During my research, it seemed like Breeze and Liberty were the two favorite ships in the fleet.

We just made this choice.

We had sailed on Carnival twice before and were not been impressed. After our last Carnival cruise five years ago, I swore I would never go on another one.

I got a great deal and thought I would try it.

I sailed on Carnival Breeze in Sept. It was a great ship. I had an amazing time. If our first two Carnival cruises would of been like this, I would of never sailed on other lines.

My family decided to book a last minute cruise for Easter. It was between the Breeze and Liberty. My teens choose Liberty because it was a 7 night instead of 6 night. Plus, it was $500 cheaper.

I can't wait to until we go next week. I have read great reviews about Liberty. During my research, it seemed like Breeze and Liberty were the two favorite ships in the fleet.

Thanks, hope you enjoy it, the Breeze for my week is 8 days but after doing some research it seems a lot like the NCL Breakaway and I didn't care for that ship, too big and I rarely saw the same people twice. So I am leaning towards the Liberty as well. Do you know if the shows require reservations on Liberty?

Also wondering if the balconies have coffee makers and fridges like on NCL ships?

Thanks, hope you enjoy it, the Breeze for my week is 8 days but after doing some research it seems a lot like the NCL Breakaway and I didn't care for that ship, too big and I rarely saw the same people twice. So I am leaning towards the Liberty as well. Do you know if the shows require reservations on Liberty?

Also wondering if the balconies have coffee makers and fridges like on NCL ships?

Shows do not require reservations on any Carnival ships. You will want to show up early if you want a good seat. For the Breeze, reservations would certainly never require reservations. Plenty of people will be walking out in the middle of the shows, because they are quite poor. The Breeze's style of shows are extremely different from & worse than Liberty's. I have only read a very few people (might be less than 1%) that actually prefer Breeze's style.

All rooms on either ship will have mini-fridges. Some of the fridges may only keep things cool, around 50 degrees, instead of cold. No coffee makers in any of Carnival's rooms, unless the rare mega-fancy suites have it.

Edited by k2excursion

The breeze did not have coffee maker. It did have a fridge but was stocked with beer and soda.

I did not care for the Ncl Breakaway,either. It is just too big.

I just sailed on RC Liberty of the Seas last month. I did not care for that ship at all.

I prefer ships that are around 80,000 tons or less. I don't need rock wall, ice rinks, water parks, etc. i just want to relax. That said, I really liked the Breeze. I liked the different areas of the ship. It had a different feel from the other ships I had been on.

We sailed on NCL Sun over Christmas/NYE and are booked on NCL Pearl for this Christmas /NYE