A few questions about upcoming EPIC cruise

Heather1972

Hi all -

We cruise on the Epic this Sunday. I have a couple of questions.

Shoe organizer ... will it fit on the main door? I usually put it on the bathroom door, but since we have balcony room with the funky bathroom layout, that's not an option.

Towels ... how does NCL handle passing out towels? Need to scan your card, do nothing, write it down on a piece of paper. I've seen all kinds of ways.

Soda drink package... how does this work since NCL gives you a cup? Hand it to the bartender, check your card, what?

Regarding the towels - I am guessing that you mean the larger beach towels? When you arrive in your cabin there should be one for each person in the cabin. There is a towel station on the pool deck where you can change the beach towels whenever needed. Or you can get an extra beach towel there - then they write down your name and cabin no. and you get a copy of the slip. When you return the extra towel later in the day, they "erase" your name from the list. If you don't return the towel, you might get charged for it.... You should also make sure that when the cruise is over, the correct amount of beach towels are in the cabin, otherwise the room steward might calculate it as "missing" and then they probably would charge it to your account...

Regarding the soda drink package, you will also have a sticker on your ship card, so you can still get your soda drinks without bringing the special glass with you everywhere.

Edited by TrumpyNOR

Thanks. :) Does the bartender still need to see the card and sticker if you hand them the special cup?

I am actually not sure, since I have never purchased the soda package myself. But I have heard that they (the bar-waiters) learn pretty quickly who has the soda package and who has not. My guess is that sometimes they would ask for it and sometimes not - but is wouldn't be a problem since you usually have the ship card in your pocket IF somebody asks. ;)

Hi all -

We cruise on the Epic this Sunday. I have a couple of questions.

Shoe organizer ... will it fit on the main door? I usually put it on the bathroom door, but since we have balcony room with the funky bathroom layout, that's not an option.

Towels ... how does NCL handle passing out towels? Need to scan your card, do nothing, write it down on a piece of paper. I've seen all kinds of ways.

Soda drink package... how does this work since NCL gives you a cup? Hand it to the bartender, check your card, what?

We just returned from the Epic on April 6-I hung my show organizer to the right of the right closet door-it was closest to the wall/magazine rack-I was able to hook it to the top of the closet without a problem. We had two beach towels waiting for us when they opened cabins-if you need one prior to going to your cabin you just showed your key car to the towel man-you will be given a new towel in exchange for each one returned

Didn't drink pop so can't comment