Captains Toast joke....

cle-guy

On my B2B in January, when asked, my room steward told me that they were "out" of the better bags. I told him that I hoped they would have them by my second cruise. I had two waiting at the beginning of my second cruise. I also had two of the leather card holders. I'd forgotten about them and hadn't gotten one on the first leg!

I did have to request ice as it wasn't automatically delivered; however, once requested I had fresh ice twice each day.

Isotonic pillows were delivered as requested. I didn't check to see if there was a pillow menu as we knew what we needed.

Fruit was an apple, pear, and orange, and the chocolates were the X logo'd variety chocolates.

I was in the same concierge class stateroom for both legs.

On the Infinity last January, the chocolates were very scarce. Sometimes, we received them, sometimes not.

Also, there were no truffles at the Captain's welcome.

(Just as well, I don't need the calories!)

More disturbing, it was difficult to get face cloths! That is unacceptable.

They said they were having laundry issues. Is this the new luxury (or whatever they call it)?

We were just on Infinity and had to go to the concierge to get our bag. When we did, it was a smaller folding bag than previously provided with a plastic handle instead of the leather or pleather handle we were used to. We had to ask the steward for the generic chocolates. We did, however, get water in Aqua Class and the bottles seemed to get larger toward the end of the cruise.

We just returned from Reflection on Saturday and had a vastly different experience than many are reporting. We received water every day without asking. Also, we got 3 different kinds of tote bags. I think it might just depend on your stateroom attendant. Ours were Michelle and Baso (assistant) and they were the best attendants we've ever had.

Blu had lobster tail for dinner on the 2nd formal night. Not quite as good as Maine lobsters, but certainly better than Wendy's or Burger King.

......the "better" bag is actually even more functional now i think. the old ones used to have that fake leather handle that eventually tore off after a year or two of use. the new one has some quite strong, almost seatbelt type fabric handles. may no longer be as "longchamps"-style copy but more functional.
I also find the fabric handles more comfortable on the shoulder than the fake leather handles.