Hotel/Parking in Jacksonville for Fascination Cruise

kciscruizin

Hi all! My husband and I set sail (first cruise) on April 28th from Jacksonville. We're driving from Tennessee and need a hotel for the night before but don't know if it's more cost effective to to find a hotel where we can park our vehicle while we're sailing or drive to the port and pay to park there. We're on a limited budget. I'm a little overwhelmed with all the info I'm trying to learn about cruising and ideas from you experts would be very appreciated!

Hi! My family and I will also be traveling out of Jacksonville in November. However, my husband and I have traveled out of Jaxport before and we had a GREAT 1st cruise on Carnival Fascination. We stayed the night before at Days Inn in Neptune Beach that’s 10 minutes away but close to the beach. This year the family and I will be staying at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel and Suites. The hotel has good reviews, it also has a cruise package if you want to leave your car, its less than 8 miles away from the port. It is also near restaurants and a shopping center. The cost runs from $45-70 depending on your room type. I personally LOVED parking at the port which will be $60.00 for a 4 day cruise. We loved that our car was behind a gated fence with lock and also had security. I personally would not park my car at the hotel I’m staying in because there is no guarantee that your car will be safe. I would hate to get back from a nice vacation and learn my car has be broken into, stolen, towed etc. That means more money coming out of the pocket to fix/get your car just to get home. I hope this information will help you all and I hope you have a GREAT trip. Happy Cruising!

Hi we're cruising out of Jax in September.

We're booked at the Hampton Inn for $71 a night (non refundable rate), and we are parking at the new VIP cruise parking lot on the other side of the interstate from the port.

type in

http: // www dot cruise parking jacksonville dot com

It's $45 for your cruise, in a secure lot with a free shuttle. We haven't tried it yet, but it's owned by the same company that also has an airport parking lot.

It made me nervous to leave my car in an open hotel parking lot on a main road so close to the airport.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, Blount Island, which is very close to the port. The link to the review at the bottom is the review I did of our cruise on the Fascination and the hotel.

Access to port - Great

Has a Park and Cruise package, (call to verify the price, these things tend to go up).

Nothing around the Hotel, (at least there wasn't a year ago).

Great place to relax the day before your cruise. Nice hotel, good breakfast in the morning.

My family just cruised on Fascination 2 weeks ago. We did a "reverse" park and cruise package with Holiday Inn Express Blount Island. Arrivd day of cruise, parked car, got shuttled to boat, cruised, shuttle waiting fof us on return and back to hotel with immediate access to our room at 10 am.

It's very clean, great beds, wonderful staff, and much more. If we ever cruise out of Jax again, we will stay at HIE.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Something to consider; do you have a tight timeline driving home after your cruise? If you park at the port, you won't have to wait for and take a shuttle, which will save you some time.

How long of a drive do you have? If it's a long drive, you could also consider stopping 2-3 horus from the port, and spend the night there, and then park at the port in the morning. You'll pay more for parking this way, but the hotel might be less and the drive might be easier by breaking it up.

We have used the Jacksonville Hotel & Suites 3 times....it is much better than the worry of our car breaking down or something...we are only 4 hours from Jacksonville......we have used a couple of different parking places also in Jacksonville......I have a stay, cruise, shuttle, breakfast package booked in Port Canaveral next month because it worked out so good in Jacksonville...hoping it will be the same then:)

Hey kciscruizan... we'll also be on the Fascination April 28th. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn on Airport Rd, but are parking at the port. I like the convenience of having the car right there so we can hit the road.

This is our 4th time on the Fascination. We love it.

Edited by roseaxel

I've stayed twice at the Courtyard Jacksonville I-295. Nice rooms, Starbucks inside, good food and friendly. Also across from Wal-mart should you have forgotten something. Best this is transportation to port. It's personalized...meaning you don't have to wait for a large group or take a tour bus. You leave when you want. If they don't show package on website, just call and book. ImageUploadedByForums1397011389.514314.jpg.3e472a58ddce779a4acd61005c85e227.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums