Just how bad are the vibrations in Aft rooms?

Dixie24

DW, DS, and I were in the deep, deep bowels of the Gory in October. EVERYTHING in the room rattled. There was no sleeping that first night - I'm a light sleeper. I finally went to Guest Services and ask for a new room. (remember the 110% guarantee?) After some negotiating, we were giving a new room mid-ship and up a little higher. The rest of the cruise was great...so great we are going on the same ship in 4 more days! Carnival does try to make their customers happy if they can.

Edited by dlanesman

Please don't EVER book an aft balcony.... it is ssoo terrible that an aft balcony is my preferred location on the ship. If you don't book, then the rest of us will be able to get an aft any time we want. Please help us out. Terrible terrible location.

LMAO

Honestly I agree with what someone else said about the thrusters and how that is when you really notice the vibrations. In open water I don't really recall noticing it at al!

We are booking aft room 5201 on sunshine for new years and I am worried about motion back there. We usually book midship rooms because I get a bit sick from too mich motion. Anybody know what vibratilns might be on deck 5?

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Forums mobile app

We had an Aft only once and didn't care for the motion. It certainly wouldn't call it horrible but I do recall waking up a couple of times and feeling the vibration. It wasn't huge but just enough to annoy me a bit. ( like the hiccups; they don't ruin your cruise but you wish they would go away. ). We probably wouldn't take an aft again...unless it was a sweet deal for us, and then I could put up with it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How bad is it when you are just sailing on open water?

We had cabin 2440 on the Glory. It was huge.

We did feel vibrating while sailing at times.

It wasn't horrible, just noticeable.

Again, for the unusual shape of the cabin, I would book it again in a heartbeat.

I was on Deck 6 Aft. The vibrations only bothered me as we were pulling into port. One day that was pretty early.

The worst thing for me was the humidity on the balcony. It was like a sauna. I've had other side balconies and they were nothing like this. It wasn't like this up on deck either. Just back there. I think it is the churning of the water below. It was like this even late in the evening when temps had cooled off. It made the balcony unusable and I had paid extra money just for that.