Ship time vs cozumel time

Dossie54

Hi.. Want to book a jeep tour in cozumel. Our free time is from 7 am til 3 pm. If we arrange to be picked up at 08.00 am, will the ship time and cozumel time be the same. This will be in May. :confused:

Thanks is advance.

Depends on the port you sail from to determine ship time. If you sail from east coast, then ship time will be EDT. Cozumel is on CDT. So, if you are in port from 7 AM to 3 PM ship time, you will be in post 6 AM to 2 PM Cozumel time. If you plan to get off the ship and be picked up at 8 AM ship time, you will need to tell your excursion to arrange your pick up for 7 AM Cozumel time.

Thanks, I think I get it. We leave from New Orleans which is CDT I believe, so cozumel time will be the same, right? so our tour guide picks us up at 8am in cozumel and it will be 8.00am on the ship?? It's vey confusing for us Brits lol..

Yes, it can be confusing, even for us who live here in the USA. :D

Here's what I do. Maybe this will help you as well. Each night before we go to sleep on the ship, I check the "ship time" on the TV in our stateroom. There is always one channel that gives the ship's present time, location, etc. I adjust my watch to the ship time if necessary.

I do this every night and check it again in the morning when we get up.

Happy cruising!

This is our first cruise on Carnival. I have no idea about the time zones or what Carnival do. I read a review that mentioned daylight saving on Cozumel and it made me wonder about the timing of our trip

Thanks, I think I get it. We leave from New Orleans which is CDT I believe, so cozumel time will be the same, right? so our tour guide picks us up at 8am in cozumel and it will be 8.00am on the ship?? It's vey confusing for us Brits lol..

Yes, you are correct!

I am surprised that CArnival does not have you change time. We always have on RC and NCL.

That's one thing I don't understand about CCL. On NCL you always get the thing on your bed with your Freestyle Daily reminding you to fall back or spring forward before going to sleep that night.

We were just in Cozumel last week. They were 2 hours behind ship time, which was on EST. Cozumel just had daylight savings this past weekend so are now back in line with CST and 1 hour behind. The 2 hour difference really helped us out since we didn't dock until 1:30 pm. :D

This is our first cruise on Carnival. I have no idea about the time zones or what Carnival do. I read a review that mentioned daylight saving on Cozumel and it made me wonder about the timing of our trip

No problems for you in May. The past few weeks have been tricky, as Cozumel doesn't "spring forward" until 3 weeks after we do. So that may have been what you were hearing. Now, and still in May, Cozumel time will be equal to New Orleans time. So no problems at all. And you were absolutely right to figure this out ahead of time. Waiting until the night before arriving in port to check your TV or the paper delivered to the stateroom is far too late, if adjustments to the meeting time need to be made.

And remember to wear a watch - cell phones and other electronics tend to be all over the place and not accurate when traveling and it's too easy to forget that you need to be on ship time.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

Yes we always cruise from NOLA and they are on CDT right now, the same as Cozumel. You won't have to change from ship time in Coz.