Ice skates for little kids?

I read that the ice skates that are available for use on the Freedom of the Seas start at a kids size 2. Does anyone know if that is correct or are there skates available for smaller kids? Could we bring our own?

This thread is timely. I just had an argument with my 6 y/o son about skates last night. He plays hockey and wants to bring his own skates. I told them we didn't need to especially for the possible one occasion that he will skate. He's still not happy though. A hockey boy and his skates!

Nikmav

Both my kids play hockey ( my son's team just won our city finals YEAH) They both said the skates were hard and uncomfortable and that the ice was TERRIBLE... haha, us Canadian's know our ice that's for sure. Regardless, it was a wonderful experience and they both helps so many other kids learn to get up from falling and what not. They loved it and still say it was one of their favourite stories to tell people. The love the fact that they got to ice skate in the middle of the ocean! So have fun and tell your son, he has two Canadian kids who understand EXACTLY what he's going through!!

Chass

Nikmav

Both my kids play hockey ( my son's team just won our city finals YEAH) They both said the skates were hard and uncomfortable and that the ice was TERRIBLE... haha, us Canadian's know our ice that's for sure. Regardless, it was a wonderful experience and they both helps so many other kids learn to get up from falling and what not. They loved it and still say it was one of their favourite stories to tell people. The love the fact that they got to ice skate in the middle of the ocean! So have fun and tell your son, he has two Canadian kids who understand EXACTLY what he's going through!!

Chass

Hmmm? Maybe I should bring them for him then. We are in NC so not a lot of ice around here but we are lucky to have a sheet in our town. Pretty decent teams too.