Military vs. Early Saver rate

my1stcruise

I recently booked online using the military rate. The early saver price was exactly the same, but I chose military as I was unsure if we would actually be able to go and the military rate deposit is refundable (for now). My question is if in the next few weeks I am able to decide that we are definitely going and the prices stay the same would it be in my best interest to change to early saver? I'm not sure how this all works, so if yes can you please explain why?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I recently booked online using the military rate. The early saver price was exactly the same, but I chose military as I was unsure if we would actually be able to go and the military rate deposit is refundable (for now). My question is if in the next few weeks I am able to decide that we are definitely going and the prices stay the same would it be in my best interest to change to early saver? I'm not sure how this all works, so if yes can you please explain why?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes you can.. but remember you will be cahrged a fee if you modify the ES rate and you will lose your deposit( which will go on as a future cruise credit) I did it already with out up coming cruise.. Keep checking Military rates and interline rates on your favorite sites as an additional price comparison and price drop.. Thank you for your service to your country..

We also qualify for the military rate, but when they are the same, I always book ES rate. If you book ES rate, and the military rate drops below your ES rate, you will get a price adjustment under the military rate (but your reservation stays ES). If you book military rate and the rate drops or ES goes below, I do not believe you are eligible for any price reduction. However, if you are unsure whether you aren't going to go for sure, the ES could end up costing you more in the long run if you cancel :)

With the Military rate, you can adjust your rate up to final payment usually a month or two before the cruise. With the ES rate, you really have no time limit to adjust the rate. With the Military rate, you can cancel the cruise up to the final payment. With the ES rate, there would be considerable penalties to cancel at any point in time. So you need to take into account all these considerations and then pick the rate that's right for you.

It seems like they are more comparable in pricing for the cruise I booked and others I'm looking at. On one I booked on the web I booked ES, but when I called my PVP he said he can attach the military rate to the ES, so I could get the OBC.