Help with bags in the lot in Baltimore?

LoriSan

I booked a trip from Baltimore with my son. We will be driving to the port, so I don't have to skimp on packing. I believe when you arrive at the port, you can pull right up to hand over your bags...but after the cruise, are porters available to help you to your car with your stuff?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It's very well organized in Baltimore. First there is a tent you will stop at *ONLY IF* you need luggage tags. After that, you pull up to the porters that will take your luggage; then you will pay for the parking and then park.

After the cruise there will be plenty of porters looking for work when you get back into the baggage area of the terminal. Just catch one of their eyes, and they will pick up all your luggage.

Aloha,

John

On March 28th we sailed from Baltimore for the first time ever. We found this port to be VERY efficient!

As you drive in with everyone else, you come to the porters. You stop your vehicle, get out, and all checked bags are loaded into the luggage carts that are directly beside your vehicle. There are NUMEROUS porters and carts, no long wait.

Next, you pull ahead, pay for your parking at the booth, and park!!! Easy peasy!! Seriously!

When you return, there are porters that can assist you. We didn't use them, as our truck was maybe 75 feet from the terminal.

It really couldn't have been any easier. It was the quickest boarding and debarkation I have ever experienced :)

We will be cruising from Baltimore for the first time this spring. SOmeone will be dropping us off. Is it the same procedure? Get out under the tent, porters take your bags, then proceed to the terminal? Or is there a different location for folks getting dropped off?

Sorry I wasn't clear .... the tent is only used for those who do not have preprinted luggage tags.

There will be people directing traffic. There is a separate traffic flow for drop offs. You will be dropped off right at the terminal, and a porter will be there to take your bags. - again, very easy.

Aloha,

John

Sorry I wasn't clear .... the tent is only used for those who do not have preprinted luggage tags.

There will be people directing traffic. There is a separate traffic flow for drop offs. You will be dropped off right at the terminal, and a porter will be there to take your bags. - again, very easy.

Aloha,

John

Sorry I just reread and you did state no luggage tags.

Thanks for the info