Ventura with young children

chimaer

I'm thinking of taking the kids on their first cruise in summer 2015. My twins will have just turned 6yrs and my youngest will be 3.5yrs. Am I mad? :D

We were thinking of a 3 night on Ventura to see how they get on. Does anyone have any tips on cruising with young kids? I'm worried about them getting bored. What are the kids clubs like?

I'm thinking of taking the kids on their first cruise in summer 2015. My twins will have just turned 6yrs and my youngest will be 3.5yrs. Am I mad? :D

We were thinking of a 3 night on Ventura to see how they get on. Does anyone have any tips on cruising with young kids? I'm worried about them getting bored. What are the kids clubs like?

Getting bored?????????? You will never get them out of the kids club. I have never heard one parent say their children have been board.

And it leaves you to have some time to yourself. You know they have sleep overs until late. A lot of parents can have a meal to themselves with no worries about their kids.

Would you be mad to go......... You would be mad not to. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There were some very young children on Ventura. Mine are now teenagers, and we didn't cruise when they were small, but the 'downsides' are the same as taking young children on any holiday really - you tend to turn in earlier because they may not at 4 (or 6 for that matter) be able to stay up late. Some of the younger ones seemed to have bought a grandparent or two along which is quite a good idea because you can rotate babysitting duties.

I have no idea what the kids clubs are like, but we were told there were 200 children on board, and we hardly saw them except for meals or shows, no bored children wandering about :)