Special Occasions

kyleg2949

You can order Anniversary decorations for your cabin through Bon Voyage, order a special cake, champagne, chocolate -covered strawberries....

Buy her a nice piece of jewelry.... The trend here is that YOU have to make arrangements and pay for them. If you let the dining room staff know ahead of time, they will serve you a slice of cake with a candle and sing a VERY cheesy song for you during dinner...:D

Happy anniversary and have a great cruise!

Let Carnival know that you are celebrating your 10 year and they will most likely surprise you with decorations in your room a special desert and song in the MDR at no cost.

Congrats on 10 years and enjoy your cruise

I have sailed on Birthdays and Anniversary's Carnival did nothing for free...

In fact last September my DW"S birthday I purchased the Cake ...they gave it to and sang the birthday song to my SIL :eek:...my DW laughed about it ....but I did not laugh much!.....

In fact last September my DW"S birthday I purchased the Cake ...they gave it to and sang the birthday song to my SIL :eek:...my DW laughed about it ....but I did not laugh much!.....

On my mother's 70th birthday, the waitstaff brought out a slice of cake with a candle and sang to my mother. We didn't ask, nor did we pay anything extra. It was sweet.

Last November DW and I celebrated our birthdays and anniversary. When booking with a PVP they asked if we were celebrating anything special. Told them bdays and anniversary they had decorations in our room and brought us cake with candle and sang to us. This did not cost us anything. So perhaps it just depends on how you book your cruise.

On our Anniversary last year they brought a small chocolate cake to our table and sang to us the last night. It was really nice to have that surprise! :)

Let Carnival know that you are celebrating your 10 year and they will most likely surprise you with decorations in your room a special desert and song in the MDR at no cost.

Congrats on 10 years and enjoy your cruise

Oh No they won't. You can go into Carnival's website, and look for the section you can pre-order things for your cruise. ALL at a Cost.

For my 2 cents, I would skip the decorations, and the cake. Save the money, for something else. WHY?

The decorations are cute temporarily. By the 2nd day or so, they are falling down and getting annoying. The cake is pretty, but very sweet tasting. Also, we've had 2 or 3, and end up throwing most of it away. We usually stay so full on a cruise, we have no room for cake. The same is true of fruit baskets. Most of it goes in the trash.

Flowers are ALWAYS a nice choice. What woman doesn't love them. If you pre-order them, they should be in your cabin when you arrive. They always last the entire week, except for maybe roses. They have to be really fresh to start, to make it a week.

Wine or Champagne is nice, if you and your wife enjoy a couple toasts.

Take along a beautiful card, to surprise her with on the day.

If you do let your MDR waiters know the night before, they will probably bring you a slice of something with a candle in it, and sing to you both.

If you want to really Splurge, as someone else suggested. Buy her something really "shiny" in the jewelry shop.

Have a wonderful Anniversary, let her know how much she still means to you, and kiss her on a moonlit deck. She won't ever forget it.

Edited by GranysT

Have been on 10 cruises, 6 of them was for a special occasion. 3 being for my Birthday (one being my 50th) 2 for our Anniversary (one being our 20th on our last cruise) & 1 for my DH Birthday. Not once have they EVER did anything for us for any of them. We did buy through the sail away things to buy for it. Like the cake & decorations for the room, but I agree the cake is was nice, but a waste of money as we hardly ate any of it, like one piece. And on our Last cruise we didn't even get it on the right day. And the decorations are nice too, but they really do get in the way & are thrown away at the end of the cruise another waste of money. Flowers are nice, but when I got mine from my DH they were dying within a day or 2 & you have to throw them out anyway at the end of the cruise as you can not take them with you. I say buy a piece of jewelry in the gift shop as it last a lifetime, or do a nice romantic couples message after a long day walking around in port like the last 2 hours before you have to re-board. Do it off the ship would be the best though so you're not bombarded by the spa personnel on board trying to sell you each & every product they used on you. Then on board in the evening have a nice bottle of champagne on ice (that you brought on board) then have some chocolate coved strawberries waiting in the room, so very romantic. ;)

Edited by thepauls93
Had more to add

My wife and I will be celebrating our 10 yr anniversary onboard this Summer. Anybody know if they do anything special or anything special I can book? Thanks.

Have you checked out Carnival's Fun Shops? You can browse and purchase before your cruise and then Carnival will surprise your DW on the ship.

http://www.carnival.com/Funshops

I also saw someone else post on this board that he visited Cherry on Top shop on the ship and purchased a red rose to be delivered to the dining room one night for a very reasonable price.

Hope you have a happy anniversary and a great cruise!

Edited by winddawn

You can message John Heald and let him know as well. He's sent alot of people chocolate covered strawberries to their room for things like this.

Happy Anniversary!

We're going to sail for our 20th next summer!