Cozumel - San Gervasio and Chakanaab in one day ?

Makono

We will cruise on Wonder - I know it's still a lot of time, but i'm trying to plan & prepare. We will be there with 2 kids (8 &14)

We will be in Cozumel. It will be our first time in Mexico and I'm not sure if and when we will be in Mexico again. I'd love to go Chakannab, but I'm also interested in Mayan Ruins. I was thinking about doing both things i.e in the morning go to San Gervasio and later go to Chakanaab. And at the end spend half an hour in port shops. Has anyone done that ?

- the weather in January - will it be enough warm to enjoy Chakanaab ?

- Does it make sense ? Will we have enough time to do that ?

- What about taxi connection between 2 places ? time needed for that ?

- How much time do we need for ruins ?

Any suggestions & opinions ?

Thanks

Marta

We did something similar a few years ago for our first time in Cozumel. We hired a driver for the day: http://www.toursplaza.com/eng/hiring-driver.cfm Fantastic tour guides.

Our driver, Alberto, took us to the San Gervasio ruins and the tequila factory before dropping us off at Mr. Sancho's for the rest of the day. We got a taxi back to the ship after that. We got the best of both worlds: some history about the island, as well as some fun on the beach. I'm sure they could do something similar for you.

Here's my photo review from that day, it may be helpful (scroll down and start at post #260: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1593651&page=13

Thanks Host Faith for your comment.

Did you enjoy San Gervasio ? Will it be interesting for kids ?

We did enjoy San Gervasio. It's a nice size, and the history of the site is interesting. If you can get a guide to show you around, that would be helpful. Ask for one of their best guides. Our guide wasn't the best, and they warned us of that. We got there so early that their best guide wasn't available yet. I think spending about an hour there is plenty of time to see everything, and keep your kids' attention.