Recmoonedations on travel insurance

HI Any recommendations on good travel insurance with good medevac coverage, that will transport back to home hospital? I looked at medjet and for 3 weeks they want S165, evac only. Just want to be well prepared. I did not get cruise care.

Thank You!

I'll second the recommendation for InsureMyTrip.com. I like how your options are laid out side by side for comparison. You can put in some needed options (like a policy with no pre-existing condition exclusion) and then see all qualifying policies. It lets you compare the other options that may not be "required" for your circumstances but would be an added value.

I can't speak about the other sites mentioned so I can't compare them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We use Travelex

We booked our last cruise with an online TA which included a nice OBC perk.

Later we realized that if we'd booked with our regular hometown TA the discount she gives on insurance was actually larger than the OBC from the online company. Next cruise we'll price it all out to see the bottom line.

We bought an annual Medical Evacuation policy ($400 per year for 2) - that will, with one call/text/email, transport the patient and traveling companion to a hospital of YOUR choice. Beware, most policies will transport the patient to the nearest "appropriate" hospital (they decide). This is true of Cruise line policies as well as some options available in Insure my trip. Needless to say, there have been horror stories of people transported to 3rd rate hospitals. We bought MASA because we wanted to be protected

I recommend you evaluate whether the policy pays first for medical expenses. Several of those offered are second payment, which means you have to file with your primary medical insurance carrier first, get rejected and then file with the travel insurance company. A real hassle. The Insuremytrip comparison flags this but with subscripts, so you have to be careful and look closely.

Thank You! to everyone for the info about travel insurance. We found awesome and reasonable insurance because of all your help. We ended up with geoblue trekker on insuremytrip.com and it is good for an entire year of out of US travel, which is great for us.