Belize with a baby??

bigmommairb

Cruising carnival in May with our 1 yr old, 6, 9, 10 yr olds. Most of the tours and such seem to be geared towards 8 and up. I'm ok with just walking around port area if there is anything interesting to see?? Would love to get a feel for the country..... But also not wanting to take an hour bus ride with a baby. Thoughts??? Beaches nearby we could walk to? Taxi to? Without a prepaid excursion??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cruising carnival in May with our 1 yr old, 6, 9, 10 yr olds. Most of the tours and such seem to be geared towards 8 and up. I'm ok with just walking around port area if there is anything interesting to see?? Would love to get a feel for the country..... But also not wanting to take an hour bus ride with a baby. Thoughts??? Beaches nearby we could walk to? Taxi to? Without a prepaid excursion??

We just got off the magic with our 7 month old. We went to a tour building (go left when you get off the tender) and it's right by a coconut drink stand. We went to cucumber beach. It was beautiful with lots of shade, chairs, waterslide, music and bar. Your tour operator will take you there and bring you back. Everyone was very friendly.

You may want to consider getting a private tour or driver to pick you up in port once you tender in. You could do a beach day or go to the Belize Zoo, and you can return to the ship when your baby needs to, not after all the places that the excursion has to take people. That way you can be on your baby's schedule, and not on the bus driver's.

A lot of people have a negative view of Belize, because the part of the city by the port is not very comfortable for people to walk around. But outside the city, the country has put a lot of effort into protecting its wildlife and forests.

Thank you! I can't imagine staying on the ship. The whole reason we are cruising is to show our children the world that is out there. (The older kids). I will look into cucumber beach and the zoo. Thanks for the tips! :)

We went to the Belize Zoo once. We found a company to take us when we got off the tender. The mosquitoes were awful! We were attacked by them as soon as walked in the zoo. Our children enjoyed it but we prefer going t