Escargot and the Basa Filet!

ry%3D400

I believe this was an eggplant appetizer:

ry%3D400

The Basa Filet:

ry%3D400

David's favorite....the Baked Alaska!

ry%3D400

We ended the night watching the 80s themed production of "Far From Over". We had seen this show I am pretty sure on the Miracle. Was entertaining. We called it a night after, tired after a very long day.

ry%3D400

ucfalli, I'm really enjoying your review and the photos are great! Love the whale tail ears, I may try sneaking that on my dh when we sail. Keep up the good work, you're helping me pass a rainy week in western NY.

Great review We are doing this Iten in Sept.

Not to jump ahead but since you were flying jet blue to FLL, I was wondering what time was your return flight, and how was it.

They have a 11:20 am flight that I would love to take, but I am little worried about making it on time.

When in Sept are you going? We are on the Sept 14th sailing

I am enjoying your review. Very nice pictures and I love the whale tail ears. :)

2nd time he did this me. I need to get suspicious next time he keeps telling me..."a little over". :D

Loving your review!! Your pictures from St Lucia are amazing! I'm going on this cruise in 2 1/2 weeks! You are getting me so excited!

You'll love the cruise...especially St. Lucia!

ucfalli, I'm really enjoying your review and the photos are great! Love the whale tail ears, I may try sneaking that on my dh when we sail. Keep up the good work, you're helping me pass a rainy week in western NY.

Your welcome!

Keep telling him a little more the right.... ;)

Day 7: St Kitts

3/07/14

After breakfast we headed up stairs to check out the weather. The clouds were out and we were hopping they would blow over.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We headed downstairs to meet for our tour. We arranged for a hike up Mt. Lugiano with Thensford Grey. Our tour consisted of 3 other people.

Al was our tour guide and we boarded an open air bus to head out for our hike. One of the people in the group showed up late so we waited briefly off the side of the road for him to show with another bus. We were able to catch peak of the Brimstone Fortress in the distance.

Al stopped for water at some point in one of the small towns and we finally reached the base of Mt Lugiano. We all received water and walking sticks. The hike starts out pretty easy, then becomes moderate, and then very difficult in the second half. I didn't time us, but it takes approximately 2 hours up and then down.

Before booking this excursion I fully researched the difficulty of this hike. I automatically assumed hiking up a mountain would be very difficult and prepared ourselves mentally as much as possible. In the end that helped us out, as anything would be easier. Just make sure that if you plan on doing this excursion that you know that it is steep (you are hiking up mountain and most of the trail is either climbing over branches or rocks). The ground of the most part is not smooth and you have to be very careful with your footing.

The good news is that you stop throughout the hike for quick rest breaks. Al moves very quickly but he helps at certain strategic points, like getting over a high fallen tree trunk. He's really there to just make sure you get up and down safe, not so much nature information. The amazing part is that he didn't even break a sweat!

It was a very strenuous hike, but David and I enjoyed it and were glad we did it. We don't get too much opportunity to hike up mountains in Florida......

Day 7: St Kitts Continued

3/07/14

We finally made it to the top. The look out point at the top overlooks the rim of the volcano. Pretty breezy up there and we actually started to get cold. Al brought some homemade lemonade and a raisin roll as a snack. The photos don't covey the view very well since you are looking down into the caldera.

Shortly after starting the descent it started to rain..... go figure in a rainforest. Thankfully I brought a plastic bag for my camera to keep it dry. We actually didn't get too wet, since the canopy is thick. But we did get dirty!

Soon enough with the ground wet, it became muddy and slippery. Since we went up a pretty steep incline on the way up, we had to be careful to stay close to the ground when going down the rocks. Luckily no accidents from David and I.

David said we got lots of weird looks back at the port since we had mud all over us....

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

3/07/14

ry%3D400

We made it back to cabin and promptly took a shower to wash the mud off. I think we didn't drink enough water since we both had a pretty bad headache. We took some medicine and headed to the past passenger party.

After they changed the past passenger structure, we not invitied on the Miracle. We moved to gold on this cruise, so we were back in!

They passed around the "Funship Special". There was no shortage at all. The waiters almost seemed desperate to get rid of them all. David attempted to order something different, but it never came.

But by chance a waiter had a couple extra pina coladas she made for some one else and gave them to us. I saw some people with other drinks, so I guess its luck of who you try to order from.

ry%3D400

I think the appetizers were better then they were before, but more then half of them were pork based (I don't eat pork). Definitely an area to improve upon.

They had a lady singing karaoke and then they went though all the boats like they normally do.

After the party we went up top to get some photos and to watch sail away.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

3/07/14

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We watched the "More then Magic" show before dinner. Which was just ok and then headed to dinner. I think the combination of hiking all day, dehydration, late snack, and alcohol did us in. When our dinner came we realized we were actually full from the appetizers. First time we couldn't eat dinner. I felt horrible that we were wasting food. We left without desert and went to bed. I think we were sleeping by 9pm. Has the be earliest I have gone to bed in who knows how long...

Night night...

ry%3D400

Amazing pic but I can't help but look at it and think "sprained ankle waiting to happen..." :o

It most definitely was!! You had to be careful especially at those areas with every step.

The worse injury I had was when I somehow hit my funny bone so hard I really think I saw stars. ;)

Day 8: St Maarten

3/08/14

Today was our last port and an amazing day in St. Maarten! We got off the boat hopping to do some early shopping, but the shops were all closed.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We arranged a day on Pinel Island with Ecosnorkeling with Isabelle. Included in the cost is transport to and from Pinel, snorkeling equipment, and two chairs + umbrella on the Yellow Beach.

We originally wanted to do stand up paddle boarding/kayaking at the rental place at Cul DeSac, but the cost of a taxi to and from by it self was very expensive. This seemed like a better fit.

If you plan on going to Pinel Isand on your own you have to arrrange a taxi to come back and pick you up. Taxi's do not hang out there.

We headed over a little early to the Hertz rental office and a Hertz van came very soon to drive us to Cul De Sac. The van driver was great. It took about 30 min to get there. The ferry to Pinel left about 5 min after we arrived, so I am glad we actually left a little earlier. We were the first ferry over and it was filled up.

It was exciting heading over and seeing Pinel Island deserted, just waiting for us.

The ferry:

ry%3D400

Waiting for us!

ry%3D400

We made our way to the snorkeling hut to meet up with Isabelle (who organizes trips to Pinel Island and the snorkeling).

ry%3D400

Day 8: St Maarten Continued

3/08/14

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We decided to first hike over the island before snorkeling. We were able to leave our belongings with Isabelle. You can hike the whole island in about 30 min. It's very small....but beautiful!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400