2015 Brides!

Getting married on the Carnival Glory May 16! Can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Welcome to the group!! If you have any questions, ask away! A majority of us have a wedding in the coming months and will be able to help!

Thanks ladies. I can honestly say my only nerves relate to traveling with our dress/suit and getting the add ons to my bouquet in before the wedding since my mother has it and I have gotten more brooches since I shipped it.

Edited by mrstriceasnice

Hello everyone! Im probably going to be MIA for a bit. We just were told we have to relocate from Boston to Orlando, Florida by the end of Feb. It's a company transfer but that has me freaking out a bit because of everything going on. I'm glad I didn't buy my plane tickets yet lol. I have so much I have to figure out and I'm not sure how everything is going to work out, but it has to. I also have a lot of traveling for work...these next 3 months are going to be tough!! I gotta find out about the alterations for my dress and how long those take because I'm supposed to do a fitting beginning of feb. If it's going to take longer than a few weeks, I might have to hold off until I get to Florida. But then that will be about 1 month out. So much to do before then...

UGH so stressed out!!!

Good news: we paid off our cruise last week :) so that is definitely happening lol.

Edited by Jeads323

Hello everyone! Im probably going to be MIA for a bit. We just were told we have to relocate from Boston to Orlando, Florida by the end of Feb. It's a company transfer but that has me freaking out a bit because of everything going on. I'm glad I didn't buy my plane tickets yet lol. I have so much I have to figure out and I'm not sure how everything is going to work out, but it has to. I also have a lot of traveling for work...these next 3 months are going to be tough!! I gotta find out about the alterations for my dress and how long those take because I'm supposed to do a fitting beginning of feb. If it's going to take longer than a few weeks, I might have to hold off until I get to Florida. But then that will be about 1 month out. So much to do before then...

UGH so stressed out!!!

Good news: we paid off our cruise last week :) so that is definitely happening lol.

Well hang in there, it will all come together. My friend was able to get her dress altered the week before her wedding.... she kind of planned last minute. So know that a good bridal shop or seamstress could do it quickly.

Well hang in there, it will all come together. My friend was able to get her dress altered the week before her wedding.... she kind of planned last minute. So know that a good bridal shop or seamstress could do it quickly.

Thank you!! That has me relieved. Because right now I cannot close the dress... It needs to be taken out a little in the chest area. I'm just nervous about packing up my house then unpacking then off to wedding lol. I have to get my boys their outfits my hubby has to get his suit, just so much stuff that still needs to be done. But it will be ok. It will all work out and will be fine. Another 4 people booked the cruise to go with us... We are now at 15 total, which is awesome!

Hi ladies!

Congrats on all the upcoming weddings! I'll be getting married on the Carnival breeze at port in Grand Turk October 16th 2015 :)

I have a question, have any of you ladies had any luck finding color cordniated silk bouquets online? My colors are green and brown and I can't find anything to match.

Hi ladies!

Congrats on all the upcoming weddings! I'll be getting married on the Carnival breeze at port in Grand Turk October 16th 2015 :)

I have a question, have any of you ladies had any luck finding color cordniated silk bouquets online? My colors are green and brown and I can't find anything to match.

Have you tried afloral.... I think that's the name. They sell real touch silks.

Oh my so much to catch up on!!!

UGH so stressed out!!!

No worries!! I know you're stressing but everything will work out for the best! I am sure of it. Take each day by itself and don't overwhelm yourself. :-)

Have you tried afloral.... I think that's the name. They sell real touch silks.

O. M. G. - you're down to like 5 days now, right?! How freaking exciting!!!!!! I'm beaming with excitement for you!

Afloral does have very inexpensive silk touch flowers, and if you sign up for their weekly e-mails they ALWAYS have a discount!!

I'm still kind of in awe of the fact that our weddings are all happening THIS YEAR (and for once of us this WEEK!!!) It's so awesome!! My mother asked me the other day, "Now that Christmas is over are you going to focus on the wedding again?" Well...my answer was yes I am, but things have just been so hectic here that I haven't had a chance. My brother has needed a lot of support lately as his ex is being a nasty, nasty, c word (and I NEVER use that word, EVER; but she is). So I've been giving him my undivided attention and trying to help him as much as possible the last 2 weeks. Oh, and - his ex and I never officially had "the talk" about the wedding but she's just out....I unfriended her on FB, I removed her form all of the wedding/bridesmaids groups.....so I'm sure she gets the picture. ICK - it's just horrible how low, inconsiderate, and down right nasty she s being to him (and all of us)!

I am so glad that with a destination wedding that a brunt of the work is taken care of, by the wedding planners. It really is a huge weight lifted. I do feel like I have so many "little" things to do thought......more so things for our guests, to make sure they are all up on what is happening and comfortable when they travel.

Anyway..... my sister lives in Holland and I am (as-I-type) ordering her dress on David's website, because I have to have it sent here then I have to ship it to her so she can have it fitted. I went with them because: 1. We found a dress there that both the girls and I love. 2. It's very inexpensive. 3. All of my gal pals are widespread, so it was easiest. BUT (of course) the website is being less than cooperative.

I'm so excited to come back next week and hear that one of us has been married - and hear the stories and see the pictures (after you've had time to come home and relax of course). :D

O. M. G. - you're down to like 5 days now, right?! How freaking exciting!!!!!! I'm beaming with excitement for you!

I'm so excited to come back next week and hear that one of us has been married - and hear the stories and see the pictures (after you've had time to come home and relax of course). :D

Sorry to hear your brother's ex has become so difficult. However it sounds like she made her decision so that takes the weight off of you.

I am SO ready! I have everything packed except my hair straightener and brush! And of course my gown has to be put into the gown bag so I can carry it on. Trying to avoid a few extra wrinkles by waiting until the last minute. The same with my fiance's suit and tux shirt. I think he still has to pack his socks and underwear, I bought all new for the trip lol I bought the cards for the tips last night and a set of bows to decorate our cabin door with. We will be at the port in 4 days, one hour and 31 minutes! But who's counting lol

Sorry to hear your brother's ex has become so difficult. However it sounds like she made her decision so that takes the weight off of you.

I am SO ready! I have everything packed except my hair straightener and brush! And of course my gown has to be put into the gown bag so I can carry it on. Trying to avoid a few extra wrinkles by waiting until the last minute. The same with my fiance's suit and tux shirt. I think he still has to pack his socks and underwear, I bought all new for the trip lol I bought the cards for the tips last night and a set of bows to decorate our cabin door with. We will be at the port in 4 days, one hour and 31 minutes! But who's counting lol

The Sensation is leaving today for the 3 night cruise and when it returns it will be your WEDDING DAY!! Woohoo!!

The Sensation is leaving today for the 3 night cruise and when it returns it will be your WEDDING DAY!! Woohoo!!

I am ready! Thank you ladies!

I told Mike this morning, The Sensation is sailing away today for the last time without having had Mr and Mrs Trice on board!

I told Mike this morning, The Sensation is sailing away today for the last time without having had Mr and Mrs Trice on board!

I'm so excited! I've been on the other sites and forgot about this one, I have been referring a lot of people over here for the wealth of information

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

UGH so stressed out!!!

I know I am a newer member of this board but I happen to be local to Orlando. I have lived here all of my life, actually. There is a local bridal salon with a great reputation called Minerva's. I plan on going gown shopping there in a few months. I feel so grateful for all the information you and the other ladies gave in this thread (I read the whole thing the day after I got engaged) that I am happy to give you any tips on my town if you are interested. :)

Hi ladies!

Our colors are green and black. I bought my bouquet on Etsy and received in a few weeks ago. It is exaclty what I wanted. (here is the link https://www.etsy.com/listing/155444463/silk-wedding-bouquet-of-orchids-and?ref=shop_home_active_13&ga_search_query=green%2Bbouquet) They were very easy to deal with. I was able to change the ribbon color.

And as of today we are officially 30 days out from our embarkment wedding on the Breeze on Feb 22nd. Waiting for the phone call to turn in our list of 20 sailing and 60 non-sailing guest (way more than we had anticipated on attending).

Edited by hbicfrd

Don't think I'm not watching that ticker of yours!!! 1 DAY!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you and honestly cannot wait until I can say that!

Has anyone heard of or been to Cocoa Beach Spa? I got an email from them on getting me and my bridemaids hair done. Their prices seem very reasonable and I'm hoping to just do something simple with my hair so it shouldn't be too big of a worry. I saw this incredible veil and I'm attempting to make it *wish me LUCK* Etsy was trying to sell something similar for 300 and I just can't fathom paying that much for a veil considering I wasn't planning on wearing one in the first place but this one... AMAZING. The only thing I'm worried about is the wind, but I'll worry about that later. ;) This is EXACTLY what I want it to look like.

veil.jpg

Any tips on how to do this? So far I have the tulle and a headpiece.....just don't know where to start.

Edited by DustinandStacy2015