2015 Brides!

Glad you got all of that worked out!! I was going to suggest to just do something on your own. We are doing everything on our own and I feel relaxed that we are following our own agenda and terms. Your shower looks awesome! I love the cake...and your dress! How fun!! Your pictures made me smile while all I've been doing all morning is pulling my hair out.

We finally booked airfare so I'm trying to get everyone on that bandwagon while prices are still low.....so many of our guests have never traveled before though so I'm having to hold their hand through this entire process. I've been posting written, explicit instructions and posting them on our FB page and website - I've also been making videos about how to create their account on Carnival and set that up, how to go online and book air and hotel, how to check in online on Carnival.....and still I'm bombarded with questions. Mostly from my mother (who is a world traveler)....oy vey.

THEN - this morning it dawns on me that Troy's sister won't be able to cruise because she just found out she is pregnant and will be 32 weeks along by then. I don't think she realizes this because she asked me on Saturday what their balance was. So I've had to break that news to Troy this morning. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do about that - they can fly down for the wedding but should I offer to pay for their air? Or hotel? Even though I'm out $300 from their cruise deposit? Ugh-Ugh-Ugh....

On a happy note (I feel bad I loose track) but who is up next for their wedding?!?! We should make a chronological list (I'm an OCD, list maker). :D

I've been such a slacker checking this daily! HAHAHA! Thanks for the lovely comments! We had such a blast. One of my bridesmaids also found out she was pregnant back in September so she could not go but she was so excited to do my shower in a beach theme because she can't have the vacation so it worked out really well. I am FINALLY feeling stress free about the vacation. We figured everything out!!! We are going to do our own thing on the ship. It just wasn't like us to pay that amount of money for something we ultimately didn't want so we are doing it our own way! :) As far as getting everyone booked....bleh. This was a nightmare because I also was playing Travel Agent for my guests, but luckily they kind of just figured it out on their own. We have 26 guests coming to the ceremony and 22 sailing on the ship so we think that was a pretty good turn out for us.

We received our marriage app to marry from Brevard County and got it notorized, sent it back and are waiting for the real thing!!! EEEEK!

We just booked and paid for literally everything we could (honeymoon hotel, rental car, Universal Studios (because I HAVE to see Harry Potter World ;) ) and Discovery Cove (because I have to swim with dolphins. ;) ) So now that everything is taken care of..... I only have a few things on my list to finish.

1. Hem the dress.

2. I'm down 25 lbs but I'd like to lose 15 more. *here's to hoping!*

3. Start packing!

4. Finalize every piece of paper I can think of in my wedding book.

5. Wait and wait and wait for the day we can leave! The temps here have been ridiculous. It's been hovering around 8 degrees for almost 2 weeks. bleh.

What is everyone doing for favors? Are you doing separate favors for sailing vs non-sailing guests? We are down to about 100 days and I am freaking out trying to decide what to get! I am thinking about getting tote bags but have no idea what we should put in them. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

We are getting married in Alaska, looks like there are not many people that would chose that for the destination wedding but we are both nature lovers and have always wanted to go to Alaska and it just grew to include getting married! We are getting Married in Juneau May 28,2015! We are soooo looking forward to the wedding and the honeymoon!! We were engaged on the Carnival Pride in Bermuda in 2013. As you can tell we love to cruise!! Anyone else getting married in Alaska or gotten married in Alaska?

I did it....scoured this entire board and made a list. My apologies if anyone's name isn't spelled correctly, or it I made any other errors. I only listed those who gave both the date and ship in their post...and I tried to note where the wedding would actually take place (if I happened to spot it along the way). Feel free to add to/edit the list!

January

3 – arweth Carnival Glory

17 – xpromise1thingx Carnival Glory

17 – Holly_J Carnival Sunshine embarkation

25 – mrstriceasnice Carnival Sensation embarkation

25 – NicoletteBory Carnival Breeze

25 – cat29 Carnival Valor St. Thomas

February

2 – lisa73 Independence of the Seas

3 – vegas82 Allure of the Seas Ceremony at Sea

15 – Zarika201515 Liberty of the Seas

22 – zoey9989 Carnival Breeze

21 – Lauraally Carnival Conquest

22 – hbicfrd Carnival Breeze embarkation

27 – JazzFest Caribbean Princess Ceremony at Sea

March

2 – Skymady Celebrity Sensation

3 – 2015 Carnival bride Carnival Breeze

7 – Mrs. Ram Carnival Fascination Nassau

8 – llama4ya Carnival Breeze Grand Old House, GC

14 – zetalady2003 Vision of the Seas

17 – Yin&Yang2010 Carnival Liberty Osprey Beach, Grand Turk

27 – grooveynurse Carnival Liberty

April

2 – theinkykitty Liberty of the Seas

5 – Autaven Quantum of the Seas (Honeymoon)

12 - DustinandStacy2015 Carnival Liberty Cocoa Beach, FL

13 – Jeads323 Carnival Valor St. Thomas

18 – jennip Carnival Victory Miami

18 – Misstique Liberty of the Seas

18 – jmelnova Liberty of the Seas

20 – cmfalls Carnival Fascination

25 – MaddieD Oasis of the Seas

May

3 – basing Liberty of the Seas

6 – freedomcruise Carnival Breeze Grand Old House, GC

7 – hazelkitten819 Carnival Fantasy

16 – Hockeylover1117 Carnival Glory

24 – Pootsiebea Independence of the Seas

24 – wed2015 Carnival Sensation

29 – angelcharm78 Carnival Breeze Grand Turk

June

12 – moinmoin Queen Mary 2

11 – slord12 Carnival Sensation

13 – LoveSetsSail2015 Carnival Paradise

July

5 – beachnsnowbunny Carnival Pride

12 – michelleveade Carnival Dream New Orleans

August

4 – wolfiegirl Carnival Splendor

28 – laycj18 Carnival Victory Key West, FL

30 – BreezeBride2015 Carnival Breeze Grand Turk

September

3 – PurnellBabe NCL Breakaway

26 – adoptivemommy Carnival Glory (honeymoon)

October

3 – BeachVal Carnival Glory

16 – sillymimi Carnival Breeze Grand Turk

25 – Alex554 Norwegian Star

26 – CruiseBride926 Carnival Pride

31 – christa212’s daughter Carnival Liberty

November

9 – LAlford9 Navigator of the Seas

10 – PSRCPA Carnival Liberty St. Thomas

16 – MsFox Carnival Freedom

28 – marie1983 NCL Eclipse St. Thomas

December

6 – MKEN2015 Carnival Dream New Orleans

8 – leruskin Carnival Liberty St. Thomas

9 – Priya2 Celebrity Eclipse

31 – R_craig03 Carnival Victory Miami

Glad you got all of that worked out!! I was going to suggest to just do something on your own. We are doing everything on our own and I feel relaxed that we are following our own agenda and terms. Your shower looks awesome! I love the cake...and your dress! How fun!! Your pictures made me smile while all I've been doing all morning is pulling my hair out.

We finally booked airfare so I'm trying to get everyone on that bandwagon while prices are still low.....so many of our guests have never traveled before though so I'm having to hold their hand through this entire process. I've been posting written, explicit instructions and posting them on our FB page and website - I've also been making videos about how to create their account on Carnival and set that up, how to go online and book air and hotel, how to check in online on Carnival.....and still I'm bombarded with questions. Mostly from my mother (who is a world traveler)....oy vey.

THEN - this morning it dawns on me that Troy's sister won't be able to cruise because she just found out she is pregnant and will be 32 weeks along by then. I don't think she realizes this because she asked me on Saturday what their balance was. So I've had to break that news to Troy this morning. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do about that - they can fly down for the wedding but should I offer to pay for their air? Or hotel? Even though I'm out $300 from their cruise deposit? Ugh-Ugh-Ugh....

On a happy note (I feel bad I loose track) but who is up next for their wedding?!?! We should make a chronological list (I'm an OCD, list maker). :D

I had a friend of mine on 2/20 find out she was not only pregnant but 25w and 6d pregnant, putting her at 31 weeks by the cruise and she's pretty upset she can't sail. She and her boyfriend are planning on switching to non sailing guests since they can't do anything about their airfare. Sadly, though, this has cost me a friendship. :(

How can it cost you a friendship? Did you get her pregnant? ;)

hahahaha! When I told my fiancé that she stopped talking to me, he asked me if I had gotten her pregnant and there was something I needed to tell him, lol.

No, basically long story short - we've been planning this since May 2014. She just found out she was over 6mo pregnant, on Feb 20. Because she couldn't be a sailing guest any longer, my fiancé and I had to rearrange our timeline for the cruise to accommodate non-sailing guests. She felt that because I was still talking to her regarding the cruise (only in regards to the plans, I didn't go on and on about the wedding out of respect that she's got a lot going on now - but I needed answers to the questions I had) and not paying enough attention to the fact that she's now pregnant and she's missing out on her vacation, I'm no longer any priority in her life. And she regarded me as a best friend. Exact wording was, "I understand your concern over your wedding, but I expected you to see more concern from you over the well being of my baby".

Oh well.

Sadly, though, this has cost me a friendship. :(

I completely understand and in the end this might cost me also. Troy's sister is far from my favorite person in the first place and now (I just know it) she is going to make this all about her and her pregnancy....because that's what she does. I am going to get irritated and eventually hash it out with her. That's what I anticipate to happen anyway.

I also see them getting angry with the fact that we are not footing the bill for their travels anymore AND we expect that they will reimburse us the $300 cruise deposit that I am going to lose. However, I don't feel bad (Troy has actually told me to not feel bad also) because they make very, very good money, and this all could have been avoided by planning a little better.

Wow. I never even considered a pregnancy could derail a cruise wedding, well, except my own. I'm actually excited I got an IUD mid Feb to take care of that concern. Are your guests upset with you over the pregnant situation?

Wow. I never even considered a pregnancy could derail a cruise wedding, well, except my own. I'm actually excited I got an IUD mid Feb to take care of that concern. Are your guests upset with you over the pregnant situation?

I haven't spoken directly with Troy's sister....so I have no idea how they are feeling about things. I can't imagine they will be overly happy with our new stipulations but that isn't my fault. I mean they're going from we will pay X dollars towards your cruise (the cost of his brother-in-laws fare, since he is in the wedding), to they have to pay for all of their travel expenses and reimburse us $300. That's not really a great spot to be in, but like I said I don't feel bad and I'm not the one who put them in this position.

I may sound cold-hearted but oh well - you should have heard me a week ago when I found this out....I was livid; I've calmed down a lot since then. I've realized that it isn't my problem and I need to let it go.

I'm getting married October 16th on Carnival Pride in Freeport, Bahamas!

Welcome! Ask any questions you may have!

OMG guys...... We got our marriage certificate back today! Now it just needs to be signed at the wedding!!!!!!! AAHHHHH! I'm counting down the days every single stinkin' day! :)

I haven't spoken directly with Troy's sister....so I have no idea how they are feeling about things. I can't imagine they will be overly happy with our new stipulations but that isn't my fault. I mean they're going from we will pay X dollars towards your cruise (the cost of his brother-in-laws fare, since he is in the wedding), to they have to pay for all of their travel expenses and reimburse us $300. That's not really a great spot to be in, but like I said I don't feel bad and I'm not the one who put them in this position.

I may sound cold-hearted but oh well - you should have heard me a week ago when I found this out....I was livid; I've calmed down a lot since then. I've realized that it isn't my problem and I need to let it go.

I wouldn't feel bad, either. It's not as if you forced her to be pregnant. Wow, you were originally covering the travel costs? I feel like such a bad bride. I'm not covering anything for anyone. I got a group booking rate for a hotel for the night before the cruise, but that's about it.

Truthfully, I chose a cruise wedding because most the planning is out of my hands, and a destination wedding cuts down the list significantly. I mean, I'm getting married on a Monday! Thus far, I'm at around 60 guests. Around 25+ not sailing. I'm shocked so many said they are coming. I don't think anyone will get pregnant, but I do she some newlyweds, so you never know.

I'm new to this board and excited to catch up. I will be crusing December 3rd out of Tampa, Fl and getting married on the beach in Cozumel, Mexico :)

I love Cozumel! What beach are you getting married at? We were considering Nachi Cocom but couldn't get enough people to come there with is so we are just doing an embarkation day wedding :)

AAAhhh 31 days! Just had my last shower yesterday. :( Got me to thinking, (mostly because I procrastinate a LOT of things) has anyone found a flawless packing list? I am nervous to start packing but I know I need to otherwise I will forget things....

I don't know how flawless it is but here is the list I started with:

destination-wedding-packing-list.pdf

Hi everyone!! I am so happy I found this site!! I have had so many questions answered by reading through the threads. We are getting married June 21st on the Carnival Magic from Galveston!! Almost to 100 days (103 to be exact)! So happy I found this thread for any future questions I have!! :)

Hello everyone!! I have been very quiet the past few weeks because of my very long move from Boston to Orlando! But, I am finally sort of settled to where I can say hello!!

Wedding stuff is still slowly going.. Getting RSVPs in slowly but already have an idea of who is going to be there.

I have my wedding dress in my closet, It fit perfectly a couple of weeks ago. Im going to try it on again in a couple of weeks to make sure I haven't fluctuated in size.

Hubby has yet to get his suit, he is such a procrastinator. We are going next week and not leaving without it. Luckily, it's not something that (I hope) will need to be altered. I also am looking for outfits for my boys too. I work next to a mall, I think I'm going to go before work and try to get things.

I'm now just looking for the little things... Jewelry, accessories, clothes for the trip!! I can't believe I am at the 1 month mark!!